“Average Hotel, Great Location”

Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg am Mainufer
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Wurzburg
Staten Island, New York
“Average Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel was the first we visited during our recent trip to Germany. It's a typical European chain hotel. Small rooms, average bathroom, average shower, comfortable bed, good amenities. The staff was courteous and helpful, and we had a great chat with the hotel bartender during one particularly late-night session.

The real greatness of this hotel lies in its 7 minute walking distance to the main bridge of Wuerzburg. My girlfriend and I are walkers so this hotel's proximity to the city brought it from three stars to four in my review. If you read some of my other reviews, you'll get a sense of how I like to review hotels based on breakfast, rooms, staff, and proximity. I can't really remember any of those details about this hotel, which should give you some sense as to the impression it left (or didn't leave) on me.

Again though, it's proximity to the city proper was perfect for what we wanted to accomplish, and if you like to walk, then this is a great place to stay in Wuerzburg.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marko S, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg am Mainufer, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Würzburg am Mainufer. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Marko Striese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hawaii
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I found it easy to get to and from the city center from this hotel. It was a short 8 or so minutes walk, down the street and across the bridge (there is a fabulous ice cream place right after you cross the bridge and reach the city center. The flavor changed daily. yum!)
I arrived by train and it was about a 7€ taxi ride to the hotel. The front desk staff was very kind, however I felt bad at times for them since many times when I walked by there was only one person working and several people in line who needed help. The room was a decent size, the bathroom a tad small but ok. I loved the decor of the room. The bed was too hard for my taste. An iron and ironing board were available for pick-up at the front desk. My room was on the first floor and looked out onto the parking lot. Because of this, I didn't feel comfortable leaving my drapes open. I didn't want the whole parking lot to see me lying in bed or walking around. The free wifi was great. There were over 100 tv stations however they were almost all in German and the only English stations being news, which I prefer not to watch when I am traveling. Breakfast was a nice European spread with the typical meats and cheese plus muesli, pasties, eggs and bacon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Marko S, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg am Mainufer, responded to this review, 31 July 2014

stratford upon avon
Reviewed 13 July 2014

hotel mercure in Wurzburg is very nice and modern hotel which is situated 5minutes walk to the town over bridge.
Room was little small but very nice decorated and clean.Also is possible park your car on main road next to hotel for free.
I didn't like only 1 think / breakfast isn't include price
we will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The receptionist congratulated us on our privileged upgrade, which turned out to be the worst room in the hotel. Do not accept ground any floor rooms. They have heavy privacy tinted windows with limited opening which makes the rooms dark and clostraphobic. When we decided not to accept our complimentary upgrade the receptionist said the hotel was full, which was not true. This hotel is popular with coach tours and to make their lives easier the receptionists slot the coach passengers into blocks of better rooms on higher floors. Breakfast was 16 eu per person. However there are many good cafés nearby and 12 minutes walk away in the town centre which are much cheaper and better value. Parking on site is convenient and 5 euro per day.

Room Tip: Do not accept ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia M
Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in the Privilege room. The room is newly renovated with modern furnishings and is very clean. We would recommend to stay in the Privilege room for families with children, as it is almost twice as big as a standard room.

The hotel is about 300 metres walk to the bridge linking to the town centre. We enjoyed the breakfast very much. The fruits are very fresh, and the quality of the food is good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This was the best hotel I've stayed during my vacation in Germany. The room was clean and wifi was steady. It only took 5 minutes walking to the church or restaurant. Beautiful view in this city , fresh air, and kindly staff. I will definitely choose Mecure next time.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sherry030124

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed there for one night which was a big mistake because Wurzburg is a huge city, the largest one in the Romantic Road, with dozens of restaurantes, many churches, palaces, castles, etc. We would definietely have stayed 3 nights there. The hotel is just five minutes walking from the greatest bridge (Alte Mainbruecke) where you can stay hours drinking their local white wine (delicious!) and taking pictures at the sunset. The room has air conditioning and a good toilet/shower. I don't recommend the breakfast for its price, do go to the places near the bridge and have a nice seat for half the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marko S, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg am Mainufer, responded to this review, 25 June 2014

Direktor / General Manager