“Walking distance from train station, friendly staff”

City Hotel Schoenleber
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Wurzburg
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We flew into Frankfurt from the U.S., took a train from the airport to Wurzburg, and spent our first night at this hotel. The room was small, but served the purpose for our one night stay. The staff was very helpful in getting us oriented to the city, and the breakfast buffet was very nice. Everything we needed was within walking distance.

Room Tip: We experienced some street noise, so I would suggest a room in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very convenient location - close to the Central station (Hbf), City Centre and all most interesting places. And it is still a quiet street with minimal noise(except bells from the nearby churches). Helpful personnel - maps, directions, etc. Very good breakfast. Clean and tidy, small, but functional rooms. Real value for money.
Few issues any tall person should be ready for in this hotel...
1. The bed was too short for me... It may be just my issue, but any anyone taller than 180 should be aware
2. The lighting on the top of the bed-head. Not much use, just make it more uncomfortable for tall people - managed to hit it every time.
3. The pillow... I have not seen such soft pillow with no any shape or form in my life.

I think it is a very decent and reasonable place and could be recommended.. Just be aware about above-mentioned issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Hotel is conveniently located in the city--- easy walk to Residenz or city center. Helpful, friendly staff, good breakfast, elevator, nice rooms. Wifi was good in the lobby but signal was not strong in the rooms. Good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ed W
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful with maps, directions etc. Close to Rothenberg ob der Tauber and Bamberg by train. It was very pleasant staying here. This hotel is close to the railway station

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed as a solo traveller in July for a quick visit to Wurtzburg and Bamberg. I read all the reviews beforehand and got exactly what I expected. Yes, the rooms are small but when you simply need a comfortable,clean and a very quite bed for the night it was ideal. Very helpful staff and good breakfast. The hotel is walking distance to the Residence,city centre and railway station. A very safe city at night and good restaurants locally. I had booked a Comfort Double for one person for two nights to get a slightly bigger room but they kindly reduced the price from €170 to €138 when they realised I was travelling alone, without my asking. Good service. I would stay again.
Two beautiful cities which would both warrant a longer visit.

Room Tip: I had a room at the rear of the hotel which was exceptionally quite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank aulddub
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, at the time it was really hot....we requested fans for two rooms, these were in our rooms on return. The hotel is near to the town center.
Breakfast was excellent.
We stayed foru 4 days and enjoyed it

Room Tip: Looking for friendliness, youve found it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cyprus
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My room reeked of cigarette smoke. The sheet on the tiny bed was too small & came off during the night so was sleeping on plastic. No AC so I had to ask for a fan which I did get after a bit. I could open the window but no screens so u was concerned about what would fly in during the night.Towels are adequate but stiff & hard. Room was not that clean - visible layers of dust on the clock radio. There is a TV from the year of he flood. When I asked for a bigger sheet, re ration tried to tell me they have none but they do for double beds so I insisted. BTW, the sheet also had a hole in it so this is what I mean by stingy!

The location is the only good thing about it. I had a reservation for 2 nights and almost left after one but I wanted to see Wurzburg so I stayed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless you are a smoker
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo