“Good budget room, parking tight”

Best Western Hotel Wurzburg-Sud
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Wurzburg
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My single room was small but was nicely furnished. It was clean and in good condition. The bathroom was small but fairly typical by European standards.

The hotel has a limited number of parking spaces and the two parking lots are very small - it is difficult to maneuver and squeeze into a spot. For a typical American like me, the parking is just too difficult since it takes some expert maneuvering. But the parking lots were full when I arrived late in the evening so I was sent to a satellite lot about 150 meters away. The satellite lot was a more roomy parking lot with more space and parking was easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Wurzburg-Sud

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Was searching for a hotel near A3 as had to take a halt for a night to continue my journey next day, checked tripadvisor and came across this hotel. Rooms are good and clean. Staff is very friendly and english speaking. Pity that parking is not free and cost €6.00 but still I think it is better to pay this extra charge rather than stay somewhere in the middle of the town. Tram station is just infront of the hotel, with trams leaving every 20 minutes to the central., where all shops and restaurants are located. Hotel has free wifi in the rooms which was a positive add on but on the negative side doesn't have air conditioning, which although doesn't matter during winters but would be a problem during summers. Hotel is situated just off the road so you cannot open the windows and sleep as road is quite busy and very noisy. Overall very satisfied and will come back to this hotel, but surely during winters.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MobiAmin
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I've stayed here several times now, mainly because of its location near my relatives in Wurzburg.

It's a good, solid hotel with nice rooms. Apparently, there are two sections of the hotel, with one having more traditionally decorated rooms, and another section with rooms decorated with much more contemporary designs. I stayed in the more contemporary section on this visit.

For the cost (80 euros for a single room + 10 euros for breakfast), it's reasonably priced (when I compare it to a typical mid-range chain motel in the US).

They have limited on-site parking. Parking above ground is free, while parking in the parking garage costs an additional 6 euros.

There's a street tram station about 100 meters from the hotel that will take you into central Wurzburg in about 15 minutes.

The receptionist was very friendly when I arrived and checked in using my far from perfect German (I'm sure she spoke English, but my preference to practice my German). When I returned later in the evening after visiting my relatives, I asked an older gentleman at the reception desk a question, and he was a bit curt with me as he answered in English.

I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank zed1958
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Very nice hotel. It hai bene the forse time in that hotel. Normale when I am in Wirzburg I spend the naight in iter hotel but this is one of the best in Wurburg.
Very clean. Staff very friendly and week prepared. The Roma are spacious and probably restare d few time ago. Also the moquette in the corridor is very clean ( important point).
The breakfast is enough.
You have 2 option for parking: free or palmenti in to the garage.
The position is a little bit outsider form the downtown but only 3 km.
Very good free access to wifi.
I thundurus that I will book again this hotel

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank giorgio51964
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I booked this hotel for a 2 night stay for me and my son. We got a comfort double which was just a queen size bed. Imagine my surprise when the room we were given had a queen water bed and a little sitting area with a day bed my son could sleep on. Everything was very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful! The neighborhood leaves something to be desired. We did not hear Much street noise at all. The hotel itself was a good deal.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is very much "you get what you pay for", having said that...we were given a very nice room which included parking and breakfast. The breakfast was worth the stay! Clean room, easy to find and a short distance from town. There wa absolutely no noise so I'm not sure what the other reviews were talking about. Also, the service was very friendly.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, no fitness center.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

- High noise in the rooms towards the front of the hotel.

- The man from the night reception was uncooperative, aggresive and RUDE. (After trying to sleep for 2 hours unsuccessfully because of the noise, we asked to change the room. We were told that everything is occupied (at 23.45 it was free) and that we are crazy to say that it is noisy.). My wife cried for 30 minutes after talking to him and the solution was to move a mattress in the bathroom and sleep there.

- Price is not correctly represented on the booking site (When we arrived we were told that we have to pay 20 euro extra for a room towards the back, while on booking there was only one cathegory)

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front have traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple