“Typical B&B hotel”

Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Wurzburg
Lake Wales, Florida
“Typical B&B hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed in the Wurzburg B&B on 13 July 2013.

We had a terrible time parking our car. There were no spaces within a quarter of a mile. The motel parking lot was full. We parked illegally but it worked out. That said it should be noted the Wurzburg Volksfest was in full steam ahead just a short distance away. The clerk was very nice and helpful. Our room was small but clean and nice. The bathroom was nice. Everything was fine.

We had a first floor room facing the street. Several people knocked on our window during the night. Not very nice. We slept well but I was sick and the kids were very tired. We enjoyed our stay and the motel is located in town, but on the edge. The train comes right by the motel but we did not use it. We walked to the Volksfest which took about five minutes. If you get a chance to go to a German Fest go! This would be the perfect place to stay. I don't drink but if you had to stumble home this would be the place to be.

I would recommend this motel and I would go back. The worst complaint is the parking.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on the second floor or higher. The rooms we had were right on the major st...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Großraum Ulm
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed here for one night (arrived late and left early): clean rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast (for an additional of EUR 6.50). All in all very good value for money! It is absolutely ok to stay here for one night. Recommendable

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Preischaot
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

As usual I can only recommend the b&b. Nice staff, very friendly. Clean room. Basic but good breakfast. Also, as usual, the hotel is slightly on the outskirts. But only 10min from rhe main train station on foot. And about 15min to the city center. But bus stop right in front of the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I'll list a few factual good and bad facts about the hotel.

Good: -
The hotel seems to be clean and clinical.
It delivers on the items it advertises to do.

Bad: -
There's a pub/club next door (literally an inch away!) which plays loud music until 5am... It's got a huge external drinking area and is packed with drunken idiots shouting all night. This is all literally a few meters from your window... Don't expect to get much sleep!

Staff and guests smoke right outside the bedrooms. The foul smell pours into your room giving you 2 options: put up with the smell, or close the windows and breath stagnant air!

There are no ironing or washing facilities. They don't have an iron that they can lend you so if you've used a suitcase and want to wear a shirt, you better pack your own ironing board and iron!

My experience was particularly bad, as in addition to the issues above that would affect any guest, I asked if they had a washing machine I could use... I was told very clearly- NO! I was given directions to a launderette about 15mins away... Not ideally how I wanted to spend my evening! On the way back to the room I spotted an open room with a sign on the door saying laundry room. I looked in to find a washing machine and a dryer not in use! Bingo!!... I put my clothes in and returned in an hour to remove my clothes... The door was now locked. I approached the Receptionist and asked if I could go in the laundry room to get my clothes. She began on a tirade of abuse and racially insulted me by screaming "THESE ARE NOT GERMAN STANDARDS! THESE MACHINES ARE OURS AND NOT FOR YOU! FOR THIS I AM FINING YOU 5 EUROS WHICH YOU WILL BRING TO RECEPTION IMMEDIATELY!" This sounds unbelievable, which is why I asked for a receipt. I'll upload a photo of it.

That was only the first night. The second (A Thursday) was sleepless as the music from the club next door was pounding through the walls.

Terrible stay! Poor hotel and shockingly bad customer service.

• Stayed April 2013

Travellers are raving about these Wurzburg hotels

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here due to the wedding of a friend. We had nothing to complain and in contrast to our friends who stayed opposite in the Ibis-Hotel, our breakfast room was bright and friendly. The rooms are spacious enough for European standards and the river Main not far away. Never the less, we found the guy at the reception a bit too unfriendly to ignore it but the hotel is fine concerning its price.

Padua, Italy
Reviewed 27 September 2012

this is a classical average B&B hotel as many other I've visited. the design, the tiny rooms, the breakfast are always the same, so that you well know what to expect. the hotel is clean and confortable, the staff is helpful and smiling. it really worth the money, expecially because even if it's not properly in the city centre, at max 8\10 minutes walking distance you're at the mainbrucke. 15 minutes walking to wurzburg's residenz. easy to go and come back from the city centre also for a noctural walk.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Hotel is located close to the city centre, by one of the main exit roads of Wurzburg. We had a room just to the street and it was a bit noisy. On the other hand, after closing a window (rooms are air-conditioned) after 8pm it was rather quiet.

The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are many places to eat in a close distance. Breakfast is typical for Germany - abundant but no vegetables are served.

The hotel has free parking. The staff speaks few words in English but I am afraid this may be too less in case of any problems or special wishes.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the street side.