“Contemporary!!!”

GHOTEL hotel & living Wurzburg
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Wurzburg
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very nice and modern hotel. Rooms were very spacious compared to what you normally get in Europe. Staff were friendly and helpful. Garage was a little harrowing as we had a 9 passenger van and trying to manipulate the van was tricky!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for GHOTEL hotel & living Wurzburg

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It's a good "design hotel" and rather new (opened in 2012 when I remember correctly) so design and furniture are quite modern. I didn't like the yellow wall painting in my room as for me this looks a bit "cheap" and causes an "unsettled" atmosphere. But this is a question of individual taste.

The check in went well without any issues, the staff was friendly and the gym is really great with modern equipment. For business purposes it's an adequate hotel but I wouldn't go there for holiday purposes as the breakfast area is pretty loud and crowded and I'm missing a bit the "personal" atmosphere.

But if you would like to stay in a good hotel for a business trip and don't need too much time on your room the Ghotel might be the right choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mattsiefert
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room is very modern and clean. Great breakfast with many cold cuts and hot dishes. Need 15 mins walk from the train station. A middle class hotel with reasonable price. No complaint and shall visit again.

Room Tip: higher floor will let you have a better view. It seems to be the highest building near the area
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a new hotel that opened in 2012. The walls of glass in the bedroom and frosted glass in the white, sparkling bath are wonderful. We loved the hotel, and it was a treat to stay here after staying in medieval villages in old buildings. The staff was very nice. Parking was $10E in a garage under hotel. We did not have breakfast as $12E per person is too much for the little we consume at breakfast. This is a beautiful hotel.

The hotel is located far from the city activity. We took a bus down to the city center and a taxi back at minimal cost.

We really loved this town especially the old bridge area with all the wine tasting and young people. The wine shop on the right side just before the bridge is exceptional. The lovely woman let us taste wine before we purchased a glass. We met very nice locals at this wine bar.

Room Tip: We had a 9th floor room with amazing glass walls.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We spent a weekend at the hotel in July. We were in Wurzburg for a family wedding and had a few rooms booked. Both rooms were excellent - large, clean, with air-con and was more than adequate. Staff were friendly, breakfast was well stocked with a huge array of foods, hot and cold. Parking was easy, with access from the main lifts all the way to the underground car park, which always had spaces. Only thing I would say is that it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. We only used the room for showers and sleeping but did notice that there were only 2 English language channels. It wasn't a problem for us, but it might be for others. Oh, and the pillows were normal German ones i.e. massively soft and square shaped, and although I spent a lot of time in Germany, I'm still not used to them!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

It is a huge hotel with +10 levels and 24h concierge. The hotel is light and looks friendly, I was positively surprised, the room I got was modern and with huge windows from top to bottom and had aircon. You have got a flatscreen tv, too, free water and a good bed to sleep in.
I always expect free internet, but there is no.
Breakfast is good, staff young and very friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed one week in the Ghotel for a business trip, the building is the tallest in the city, then the view from the rooms is very good. Also is located near to the downtown, you can reach easily a lot of interesting places by walking.
Overall the facilities are pretty new and very comfortable but the rooms are a little bit small.
Some people in the front desk are not helpful as they should be. I had a problem making phone calls in the room and I did not received the proper help.
Breakfast is good but it could be more varied.
I think Ghotel is a good option with a good price, I would return definitely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business