“Average experience”
Review of Alte Mainmuhle

Alte Mainmuhle
Ranked #16 of 375 Restaurants in Wurzburg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant due to the good reviews on tripadvisor. It's a pretty average restaurant. The service is pretty average. The lady serving us seems a bit impatient when we needed more time to consider what to order. The food itself is pretty average. As for the views, it seems to be overlooking the canals which is not really fantastic views.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This popular restaurant is somewhat difficult to get into during the busy Summertime. An ideal seating arrangement would be the outdoor riverfront seating area. Unfortunately, the night we ate here was a rainy night so we ate indoors. Try to get reservations. Wonderful Franconia food and libations. Definitely worth a visit for great Gemütlichkeit!

1  Thank DrLFoodie
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you want up market fine dining this is not the place. It's just honest german food at it's best. I went here, one, because the Hotel recommended it and two, because I wanted to eat the local food and drink the local wine. I got both and both were good quality.

I guess the restaurant part and particularly the terraces are interesting places with good views from the terraces. I was on my own, passing through and staying one night close by so had no idea and no reservation. When I turned up, quite late I detected a very slight smile when I requested a table for one. It was very full and very busy.

The lady that greeted me suggested I could sit in effectively the lobby where they have a stand up bar and higher tables and seats. Same food same drinks, good atmosphere. All in all probably a good choice for a solo diner. The front end where I sat was full of locals mainly drinking the wine and cocktails, some eating snacks.

I thought I would have to wait a long time, no, waitress, very friendly served me almost instantly with a bottle of wine. The food followed rapidly and the service was attentive enough, especially as it was so busy.

They seemed to pay me special attention because I was a solo, non local which is very pleasant as it doesn't usually happen. It thoroughly made up for the 1600 mile drive on that trip.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you eat you can get a table on the balcony and eat, drink, people watch, and enjoy the sun just meters away from the crowd on the bridge. The Reisling was very nice as was the sausage plate with sauerkraut or potatoes. Dinner for two with four glasses of wine for 37 euro, including tip.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a very nice German restaurant located on a bridge. Food was very tasty. We thank our Turkish waiter Anil for his help to choose our meal. I tasted creamy pumpkin soup for the first time in my life- I liked it. Reservation is a must especially if you are a group. The service was quick.