“I stayed here before...”

Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte
Ranked #193 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed in the hotel before because the value and the location for the relatives I visiting.
Sad that the wifi was not working in the rooms...I hope it will be better for my next stay.
The receptionists could smile a bit more...

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We chose this hotel as our base for the weekend celebration of our anniversary in Berlin. The main reason we chose it was a good price and a location close to tube station. The hotel itself is nice, even though some small repairs should have been done, but overall was staying there a nice experience. The staff was pleasant and the service of the hotel bar good. The only problem I find is the location - the Grand City name couldn't be more inapropriate as it is situated in a very tacky neigbourhood. There were a few homeless people on our way to a hotel and once you enter, you feel in a completely different world, but then there is the walk from hotel to tube again and... well thank god I was with my boyfriend because I would have been very scared to walk around that area alone in the dark. If that's not an issue for you, however, pick this hotel and enjoy the prices.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tinde_K
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed here in dec 2011. A bit further away from central but was easy to get around by train. The hotel is much nicer than the area that it is in. Rooms are larger than other hotel rooms we've come across in Germany.

When we first got there, we opened the bathroom bin and there was rubbish in there from the previous guest. The second day we went out and left a "do not disturb" sign on the door. This was ignored and housekeeping came and made up the room anyway. I advised reception who apologised and said they would follow it up for me.

All went well until the second last day we were there. We put the "do not disturb" sign on the door as we had done previously and it was ignored by housekeeping again. We had also left a bottle of wine in the room next to a used glass and housekeeping filled the glass with some of the wine. No idea why. I called reception and explained that housekeeping had come in again and the response I got was "ok..." followed by 5 seconds of silence. I asked why this had happened again, told them it was a privacy breach and said I had private things in the room. I finally got an apology and was told that they would follow up with the duty manager.

I don't appreciate the fact that the staff did not respect our privacy and they didn't seem particularly worried when housekeeping disobeyed the sign. I want to leave a hotel during the day knowing my belongings are safe and this hotel did not make me feel this way. Fir this reason, I will not be staying at a best western hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Lancino
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Be aware that there are two hotels in one here. The best western grand city hotel berlin mitte and the grand city hotel berlin mitte... They both share reception and restaurant. BUT, the second one's entrance is outside through unmarked doors, there are no showers but baths and the breakfast is 18€ instead of 8€ (they dont want to mix the rifraf). If you get a "superior"room, the lift does not reach it! As for sevice it does not exist. The location is not good and the four stars should be taken out. These kind of two standards hotels should be banned.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Nice hotel with good deals on the net.
I Stayed in November and I'm going back un January and February.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed in September 2011 for 4 nights.The hotel is not in the centre of the city and a 20 minute walk from the wrong metro station, a 10 minute walk from the right one and a couple of tram stops away from the train station - which is probably ok if you're not single and you got a bit of a hefty suitcase to carry because you're on an 11 day Berlin-Paris trip. This hotel believes in the concept of 'you don't ask - you don't get'. Which is ok, but when you ask for a tray with tea / coffee and a kettle, it would be great if the dirty cups were taken out of the room during service the next morning. It's one of those weird hotels where the 3rd floor is on the 3rd floor of the lift and then you have to walk down a flight of narrow stairs - remember the don't ask don't get thing? - well, there are no offers to help you carry your bag to your room, either. I am not a princess (although I am partial to being a drama queen from time to time) and I do like a firm bed - I actually left the hotel with a backache, and I wrote a letter to the Manager while I was there - I asked and I didn't get, so I guess it makes no difference either way. Service with a smile, even just a little one? No. Nope - not going back.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank xxSophiaxx
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here in July 2011 for five days. Very clean and located in a walking distance from bus and metro stations and from the city centre itself. Rooms were small but it didn't matter as we came to see Berlin, not the inside of the hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank L A
Travellers also viewed these Berlin hotels
Charlottenburg
Lichtenberg
City Hotel Berlin East
City Hotel Berlin East
#299 of 635 in Berlin

Been to Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte

Address: Osloer Str. 116a, 13359 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Best Western Grand City Hotel Berlin Mitte)
Region: Germany > Berlin
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#159 Romantic Hotel in Berlin
Price Range: £52 - £114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Berlin