“quantity instead of quality !!”
Review of Restaurant Louis

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neukolln
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quantity instead of quality !!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have only a few words to say about Restaurant Louis.
The amount of food they serve is way too big and quality is zero. Almost only meat!! I have heard about this restaurant because of their big schnitzels and wanted to experience the austrian cuisine, that I have heard so much about.
I ordered a normal dish with filet and potatoes, sauce w champion and in came 8 (dia:8cm) filets soaked in fat. underneath the meat I found a few sliced champion(champion from glass) and roasted potatoes(not hand cut but one of those you can buy already made. 1 salad lief ( dia: 4cm - smallest I have ever seen) and 1 slice tomato, thats it!
The ambient in the room was stressful, noisy, and they have full on bright light in the room, wich leaves no room for intimacy. I immediately felt like leaving the room, when I saw the food. Not a very nice or elegant experience, rather disgusting.. This place has set quantity as their highest purpose and leaves no room for enjoyment of a nicely prepared meal. All evening from when we left the restaurant till now as a write (afternoon, the day after) I have had stomach ache. I am sure it is because of the bad quality and the high amount of fat in the food.

Disgusting went to see it

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pernillebilleki

“No need to order the big one!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We went for schnitzel and on walking in we're confronted by a family of 6 locals admitting defeat by the 6 almost untouched schnitzels in front if them. I don't exaggerate when I say that none of them managed even a quarter of their meals.

We decided to go for the "little Louis" instead of the classic which was €12.90 against the classic's €14.50. When it came it was by far the biggest schnitzel I had ever attempted but was only about half the size of the classic.

Anyway size isn't everything and it was very good, perfectly cooked pork with a crispy coating and lots of fried potatoes to compliment it. C had the goulash which was also good but a little sweet for my liking.

The vegetables should be avoided - so overlooked that you couldn't lift a carrot on the end of a fork. But the salad was refreshing and well seasoned.

The family on the next table took their leftovers with them but only after drinking shot after shot with the owner - I got the feeling on a busier night it might get quite raucous.

We'd definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
Turin, Italy
“Schnitzel!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I love Schnitzel and this restaurant is the best place to eat one outside Vienna.
There are different kinds of Schnitzel but the best one is the biggest one with potatoes.
I think that the price is right, very cozy and with good beer.

• Visited April 2013
Athens, Greece
“It's really a nice Schnitzel restaurant”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Some reviewers complain that the Schnitzel is not from veal but from pork. I don't understand what this complaint is about: The menu card says explicitly that they offer you meat from pork. It's a "Schnitzel Wiener Art" (escalope Viennese style) and not a "Wiener Schnitzel", which indeed is veal. And on the other hand it would almost be impossible to offer such a huge piece of veal meat for the relatively low price.
The Schnitzel itself is quite OK. It is thin and there's almost no fat – very important to my opinion. The breaded coat is not that tasty as I've eaten it in better (and more expensive) restaurants, but it's still fine.
By the way: There was no aluminum coming to our table. We shared the XXL Schnitzels two by two and nothing was left over…
A little negative point, where also other reviewers found fault with: You have to pay for the extra lemon. And there could be a little bit of salad on the plate.
Very nice and quick old-style service.
Be sure to make reservation if you want to dine or go with a larger group.
Really funny the interior of the restaurant: Totally sixties. I loved it. Hope it won't be refurbished into any impersonal today's style.
The location in Alt-Rixdorf is very nice. Still you can see here lovely small houses in the old rural style. Make sure you have a walk in the neighborhood after the gigantic Schnitzel to digest...

• Visited April 2013
Paris, France
“The most schnitzel you will ever be served”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

As far as I can tell, everyone going to this restaurant expects to have more than they can eat - you see parties of 6 all wrapping up the schnitzels in aluminum foil which is routinely provided by the staff.

The schnitzel is pork, and nothing subtle about it. But it's deep fried satisfaction, and the potatoes are OK, and the beer is cold. Michelin won't like it, but my son and I had a fun time.

The cordon blue was merely massive, opposed to extreme. Due to the heavy schnitzel, I thought the chese and ham were superfluous.

• Visited August 2012