“Very good! ”

Ranked #475 of 8,388 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$47 - US$95
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European, German
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Neukolln
“Very good! ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very good food and really big portions, recommend to share a plate with someone. Also not that expensive.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Authentic”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at Louis! The ambiance is quite informal but cosy, the concept is simple.
A man who seemed like the owner was very friendly and in for some jokes, a younger blond waiter seemed less at ease and looked like hedidn't want to be there.
The place was quite busy and it was good that we arrived on time.
We didn't know the size of the portions, if we would have known that up front we would have definitely shared. Only the biggest schnitzel on the menu gave us an indication, it was huge and probably for 3 or 4 people.
I can recommend the cordon bleu as well, although it was too big for me.
We received some foil to wrap up our leftovers for take away but staying in a hotel that would not work for us.
As a dessert, the four of us shared 1 portion of kaiserschmarn with was more than sufficient.
The food was tasteful but easy, it is a good value for money!

Visited May 2014
Plock, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“such a Schnitzel!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Tasty, big, freshly fried... Nice atmosphere, good waiter. Very good place for a diner with friends.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quantity instead of quality !!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have only a few words to say about Restaurant Louis.
The amount of food they serve is way too big and quality is zero. Almost only meat!! I have heard about this restaurant because of their big schnitzels and wanted to experience the austrian cuisine, that I have heard so much about.
I ordered a normal dish with filet and potatoes, sauce w champion and in came 8 (dia:8cm) filets soaked in fat. underneath the meat I found a few sliced champion(champion from glass) and roasted potatoes(not hand cut but one of those you can buy already made. 1 salad lief ( dia: 4cm - smallest I have ever seen) and 1 slice tomato, thats it!
The ambient in the room was stressful, noisy, and they have full on bright light in the room, wich leaves no room for intimacy. I immediately felt like leaving the room, when I saw the food. Not a very nice or elegant experience, rather disgusting.. This place has set quantity as their highest purpose and leaves no room for enjoyment of a nicely prepared meal. All evening from when we left the restaurant till now as a write (afternoon, the day after) I have had stomach ache. I am sure it is because of the bad quality and the high amount of fat in the food.

Disgusting went to see it

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pernillebilleki
“No need to order the big one!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We went for schnitzel and on walking in we're confronted by a family of 6 locals admitting defeat by the 6 almost untouched schnitzels in front if them. I don't exaggerate when I say that none of them managed even a quarter of their meals.

We decided to go for the "little Louis" instead of the classic which was €12.90 against the classic's €14.50. When it came it was by far the biggest schnitzel I had ever attempted but was only about half the size of the classic.

Anyway size isn't everything and it was very good, perfectly cooked pork with a crispy coating and lots of fried potatoes to compliment it. C had the goulash which was also good but a little sweet for my liking.

The vegetables should be avoided - so overlooked that you couldn't lift a carrot on the end of a fork. But the salad was refreshing and well seasoned.

The family on the next table took their leftovers with them but only after drinking shot after shot with the owner - I got the feeling on a busier night it might get quite raucous.

We'd definitely go back.