“great experience”

3-Hour Berlin Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 641 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed 8 May 2012

we really enjoyed the tour. Our guide Sadie was very friendly , well prepared and friendly. We have seen all the major atractions of Berlin in three and half hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (19,977)

Reviewed 8 May 2012

recommeded the free tour by a few people prior to going, as a good introduction to Berlin and a synopsis of Berlin history. Our guide was Amy, who was passionate, articulate, funny and approachable throughout. there was no forced upselling of tours or places, just honest opinions when asked, and her recommendation about the best Kebabs in Berlin was spot on! Left the tour feeling like i should move to Berlin and experience life there for myself. I will def be back.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Enjoyed the free tour. We had an english tour guide who presented Berlin's history in an interesting and informative way with a good sense of humore. I did enjoy the 1st half of the tour much more than the 2nd half, so if you're in a bit of a rush and don't have the 3 plus hours to give to the tour then at least go for the 1st part.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We were initially quite dubious about the concept of a free tour of the city, but had no need to be. The tour was very well organised...there were a number of guides at the appointed site and the assembled group was divided between them. The tour went for approximately 4 hours was was informative and enjoyable throughout. The tour included a lunch stop at Fresco Espresso Bar (near Checkpoint Charlie) where the food was delicious and served swiftly enough so that everyone got to eat in the allotted 25 min break.

Sebastian (Seb) our guide was very entertaining and had a wealth of knowledge on the recent and past history of the city. Payment for the tour is on a tips only basis - you judge how much you think it was worth. There really was no pressure to provide any payment, but we felt it was worth more than many of the prepaid tours we'd taken in other cities.

As well as the city tour, NewEurope Free tours offer a number of more specific tours in the Berlin area which we would have been very interested in had we had more time available.

I recommend you take this excellent tour.

1  Thank tourist82
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It was my 4th & 5th tours with Sandemans after I've done Prague, Amsterdam and Munich with them. Now I took the Free tour and the Red Berlin tours both guided by a British lad: David and I truely enjoyed both tours. David is well prepared for the trips - he knows a lot about the city but what's more - much like all the Sandeman's guides I met- he has a great sense of humour, runs the trips in proper pace - not spending ages in one place but also not rushing.
After both trips we ended in up in pubs ( once in a beach bar, actually) when you could ask any additional questions to David and also meet other tour participants and chat with people from all over the world.
Based on my experience so far, I can easily recommend Sandemans tours and I really like their model of business which bases on young, enthusiastic guides who share their local knowledge for a reasonable price.