“Cold rainy day but tour made it the best day so far!”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
3-Hour Berlin Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 642 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I took this tour on a cold rainy day in December and almost did not go because of the weather. Boy am I glad I did! My guide was Sam Noble who knew everything there was about Berlin, its' history, and its' people. He did a great job of starting from the beginning and really tying everything together at the end. He also made a point to show how the tour groups originating countries were involved in the history of Berlin. This is the best thing I did in Berlin and learned a ton. Sam even inspired me to pick up a history book and learn more myself!

Write a ReviewReviews (20,004)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This company is awesome! The free walking tours they run are definitely a must when travelling through Europe. Their guides work on tips so they have to work hard to earn their money! All of the guides I had through Paris, Montmartre and Berlin have been amazing, so knowledgable and entertaining giving great historical backgrounds, as well as a real feel for the city you're visiting.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I did the free Berlin tour and is was really great. Our guide, Stephanie, was full of fun stories and history. You get to see a lot of the top sites. Also did one of these tours in Amsterdam and it was really interesting. The guides are all really passionate about their cities!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Last weekend I had an amazing opportunity to visit Berlin. It was my first time there and can say that I fell in love with this city! Thanks to Mark, I could see interesting places and learn about history. He was enthusiastic and had a knowledge about history. I was lucky to spend 3 hours walking around Berlin with him. I highly recommend tour with Mark - he is the best tour guide.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The trip with Mark Curtis was very educational and superinteresting. He stole my attention for those few hours. Not only was he well-oriented in describing the history of Berlin, times of WWII and teh Cold War that the trip involves but also he was willing to answer the questions and he did it very well without stumbling. I really apperciate the opportunity I got to have this tour with Mark. I couldn't imagine a better guide.