“Decent food, reasonably priced”
Review of Bavarium

Bavarium
Ranked #468 of 8,382 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Beaumaris, United Kingdom
“Decent food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This visit was not my first here, in fact each time I've been to Berlin I call in for some food... First few times service was excellent, food brilliant and very reasonably priced. This last time however the service did let them down just a little. Not sure if it was because I caught them on a quieter night this time with less staff, but I had to go looking for staff to get a table, but once I'd been sat down, everything ran smoothly. Menus are in English as well as German, and the staff understand enough English to take an order. Didn't feel rushed at all, but they weren't exactly busy this time however not felt rushed any time I've been here, even when they're busy... Staff are also friendly enough and do take pride in their work.

Menu consists of a good range of stereotypical German food and prices are more than reasonable in comparison to other similar places. Wiener schnitzel and a (large) glass of wine came to about €15 with decent-sized portions and delicious and well presented food...

I wouldn't say this place is a must when visiting the city, but if you find yourself with an evening to spare and looking for some decent food, head over there... And once you've soaked up the Bavarian atmosphere, head next door for some Irish hospitality!

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London/Worcs
“Good food, well priced”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Comprehensive Bavarian and southern German menu. Large portions and well presented dishes. The restaurant, located on the lower ground floor of the Europa Center is rustic in style so gives the impression that the diner has been transported from Berlin to Bavaria. Waiting staff were friendly and engaging.

• Visited October 2013
Cork
“Good value”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just beside the Palace Hotel Berlin. Good, authentic cuisine, goulash soup excellent and apple strudel decadent. I enjoyed my meal so much I went back two days later!

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stumbled across this restaurant in the basement of the Europa Center and decided to give it a try. I was somewhat skeptical at first, since the restaurant was nearly empty when I arrived. For a starter, I ordered the Goulash soup which was excellent! Then for my main course, I had the Schnitzel with horseradish along with red cabbage. The red cabbage was really amazing and the Schnitzel portion was huge (and tasty)!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steven4971
Orlando, Florida
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food at this restaurant. The restaurant is in essentially a mall but the ambiance is good and the food was way better than your average "mall restaurant" food. Our server was friendly and attentive and the Lamb shank dish I had was very tasty.

Visited April 2013