“great indian food ; humble and friendly host”
Review of Amar

Amar
Ranked #836 of 9,124 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Being an Indian I can vouch for the taste of the food. It's delicious. We ate so much it was difiicult to continue the trip so BEWARE !!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good food, great service! Chicken tandoori was not cooked in a tandoor, but was very savory and fall off the bone tender. Daal makhani was a little too puréed, but well developed flavored anyway. Plain naan was among the best I've ever had!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place and it looked like it had a good atmosphere so I decided to give it a try. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, and because I was alone they made a special effort to chat to me which was nice. And then came the food! All mains come with rice, papadums, dips, bread and a salad. So basically the servings are huge and the variety was great. I had a delicious chicken curry which was only 7 euro but I don't believe the mains went over 10 euro. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Very tasty food, a great selection on offer! The staff are really friendly! We were given a complimentary salad with our main course, and we were given a complimentary drink at the end of our meal. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

The food was nice and the cocktails were generous but what made this restaurant stand out was the exceptional service. The staff were friendly and attentive and took care of your every need. They moved us to a better table without asking and finished off our meal with free tequila for all. It was a very nice dining experience.

The restaurant was busy with a mixture of people who all seemed to be having a great time.