“The perfect Berlin Experience”
Review of Berlin Experiences

Berlin Experiences
Ranked #97 of 420 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private guided tours of the German capital. Unique experiences for modern explorers. Private tours focused on specific historical chapters in Berlin’s past. In-depth sightseeing for visitors looking for a relaxed but detailed introduction to the city.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 25 September 2016

On a short trip to Berlin, I was lucky to tour with Matt. Usually when I travel, I do a ton of research in advance and plan my own tour but I didn't have time before this trip. It could not have worked out better. Matt is extremely knowledgable and passionate about Berlin and its history. One of the many things Matt explained on the tour is why the trees in Berlin are numbered. I'm confident that, had I asked, Matt would have taken me to each tree and taught me about its individual history. Matt also was very helpful in planning in a day trip to Leipzig and quick with solid food recommendations. When I got home, I read more about Berlin's history and the built environment and all of Matt's facts checked out. I only wish every day was a walking tour. You will not be disappointed with Berlin Experiences.

2  Thank Allison B
"highlights"
"sites"
"germany"

Reviewed 21 September 2016

My tour was with Matt, who I think is actually the founder of the company - I was so impressed by the depth of knowledge he had about the political history of the country, and of Berlin itself... historical knowledge, but also recent history, bits of weird trivia, which museums to go to, day trips out of the city, where to eat, cool areas to visit, etc...literally a wealth of knowledge. I was lucky to get to chat to him a bit on the tour, it was such a brilliant orientation / insight into the city - and it's such a an amazing city - I would recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank alisonMtravels
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We very much enjoyed our tour. Our tour guide, Alexander, was interesting and informative and brought just the right jaundiced-eyed sensibility to the proceedings.

Our (teenage) children remained engaged throughout (no small feat) and learned important historical background without feeling like they were following along with a Fodor's guide. Alexander had real insights into the history of the Third Reich and Berlin's unique role in the Cold War that went well beyond familiarity with various landmarks.

Berlin can be enjoyed like any other major city even by visiting landmarks and museums, but unlike Paris or London, it can only be properly understood through its place in history. If you want to gain a glimpse of that history, we'd recommend Berlin Experiences.

4  Thank Gary O
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We booked a private tour with Berlin Experiences without any expectations and we were more than pleasantly surprised! The knowledge of our guide Matthew was beyond what your usual tour guide could offer. Not only was he able to provide extensive knowledge of the city and its different layers of history but his synthesis of different points of view gave us a different outlook of Berlin, which made us feel like we were let in on a secret a few people have a chance to know about or even experience.

3  Thank Angelina G