“Excellent”

Zarenhof Prenzlauer Berg
Ranked #287 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed in a room with a kitchenette. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is very quiet and is right across the road from the Eberswalder Straße U-bahn so you can get around the city no problem.

It is next door to a nice Vietnamese restaurant and a few doors down from a lovely and in-expensive Indian restaurant. There is a small shop next door which sells pretty much everything you could need.

The staff are very polite and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Saperavi829

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Me and my spouse absolutely love Prenzlauer berg as a neighborhood and this was the first time we stayed there.
Zarenhof is a nice place to stay. Not your typical hotel, our room was within a normal apartment house! So there were locals who actually lived in the building that said hi to us in the hallway. Kind of nice, but then again not what you would expect...
Breakfast was excellent with warm croissants, nice sausages and a very nice home made cereal (looked like a classy dessert, then again tasted that way also). Room and bathroom were nice, but no air condition. Also the lock were killing me. You had to try to find the correct way to turn key and you had to turn around and round many times to lock it or unlock it. A small matter but I found it quite frustrating! Plus there were two of those, our room lock and a lock on the door to the hallway.
Also would have really enjoyed a fridge for some cold drinks! Wireless internet was free of charge but it wasn't very reliable.

Service was friendly and the Eberswalder strasse U-bahn is just in front of the hotel.
Taxi to and from Tegel airport was 20-21€.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PyynikinParoni
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stopped at the Tourist Info desk at the Berlin Hauptbahnhof and I asked for a nice inexpensive hotel in a charming part of Berlin with sidewalk cafes, small family owned shops, lively atmosphere, parks and green spaces, and easy transportation links. They set me up for one night at Hotel Apartmenthaus Zarenhof in the Prenzlauer Berg district. I liked the hotel and district so much that I stayed for 7 nights. It really made my stay in Berlin memorable. My large room was on the top floor, serviced by an elevator, and had been recently renovated. It was perfect in every way, especially for the price. The wifi signal was free, strong and secure. The U-Bahn station is directly outside the hotel so the entire city is easy to access.

The staff was friendly and went the extra mile to make my time in Berlin enjoyable--I really used their expertise. I can't say enough about their impact on my stay, especially Manuel Sanchez, who showed me how to use the public transportation and was available for all of my questions. Breakfast has good choices and with the nice weather I sat out in the courtyard amongst the flowers and greenery. There was even a harp player on the weekends. The whole atmosphere was peaceful and pleasant. The Hotel Zarehnof is a charming oasis within a lively, energetic area of the city. When I return to Berlin this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Very clean and quiet. The food is great and every room has a small kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Booked hotel through late rooms and we were delighted with the quality of the room, location etc...lovely and warm, very serviceable kitchen, great bathroom. Would stay again as excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed in hotel Zarenhof for 6 nights in October. The hotel is located on Schoenhauser Allee, which is a very busy street, but the rooms are all in an inner courtyard far from the rush of the street, so it was very quiet.

The room (superior double room) was fine - too dark in my opinion. the furnishing was also somewhat cheap, but the room was warm, the bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean. We also expected to have a bit more spacious room, with a sofa (because of the double room pictures they have on their website) but appearently this is only for the "deluxe double room", not the superior one.

There is a U-bahn station (eberswalder str.) right in front of the hotel but unfortunately it is closed for renovation for a while. I was very angry to find out about this, because I specifically asked the hotel in advance if the station is working and was told that it is.

BUT (!) - Eventually it didn't matter at all! there is a replacement bus that passes right in front of the hotel every 5 minutes (you"ll never have to wait, really) and takes you to the next U-bahn station down the street. AND, there is a M1 tram line nearby in Kastanianallee str. that was just terrific - it always had a stop exactly where we wanted to go.

the wonderfull streets Kastanianallee and Oderberger are within 2 min. walk from the hotel. They are very fashionable, with caffes, restaurants, boutiques etc.

On weekend they have a harper playing at the dining room and it is very nice!
The staff were very nice and helpful, always smiling.

It is a good place for budget travelers who want to sleep in a hotel, the location is great - but don't expect any luxury of any kind.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EF20
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Apartmenthaus Zarenhof for four nights, one of which was Germany's coldest night in 27 years or something - it was very very cold. The hotel was great. Reception very friendly. As the entrance to the apartments is separate from reception, we didn't talk to the staff very much, but they were very helpful on checkin and I'm sure would have been great if we had needed them.

The room was large, new, very clean and warm (!!) with a kitchenette that we only used for cups of tea, a couch, large flat screen TV (only German channels), free wireless internet and a very satisfactory bathroom. We were very comfortable there.

The buffet breakfast was great with a selection of hot items as well as the typical German breakfast foods. It was set up in an attractive room and the food and drinks were good.

One of the best things about the hotel was its location less than a minute's walk from the Eberwalderstr. underground station - so convenient. Lots of good and reasonably-priced restaurants in the area. We really liked the Indian restaurant just a couple of doors away.

We would definitely stay at the Hotel Apartmenthaus Zarenhof again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple