Best Western Hotel Am Spittelmarkt
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,835 results
All reviewstapas restaurantu bahn stationbuilding workbuilding sitequiet locationaround the cornerminute walkcheckpoint charlietea and coffeehotel breakfastclean hotelmuseum islandwalking distanceberlin welcome cardcity breakwi fimain sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was a good value for money, no-frills hotel in a good location. It was particularly good for business travellers although this was not the purpose of my trip.

Positives
Excellent location, within easy walking distance if the key 'Berlin Wall' attractions.
Room was very comfortable with an extremely clean and very modern, excellent bathroom (shower only).

Negatives
The only negative was the service received from one receptionist. We'd booked non-smoking twin room and were told there were none available so we had to have a smoking room. We didn't arrive particularly late (around 18:00) so I couldn't understand this. We surmised that it was because we were ony staying ine night. Ithe room smelled a bit smoky but was okay once we'd left the windows open.

Later on, the receptionist (same one who had checked us in) seemed very unwilling to help us with times of trains to Poland. After prompting, she did look online for us and told us the times but was not forthcoming with details and I had to extract these from her. Language was not a problem as she spoke fluent English. As I didn't completely trust the information she'd provided, I asked another receptionist the next morning and although her English was not so good, she couldn't have been more helpful and provided us with a print-out of times, connection etc.

Summary
We didn't have breakfast but had some very good coffee from the machine in Reception for €2 a cup. I was a bit surprised to be charged €4 a night 'City Tax', especially as the hotel we stayed in in our return from Poland ('West' Berlin) did not charge us this.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend it as extremely good value for money.

I would have given it 5* if the first receptionist had been more helpful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ABJor1965
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I can not rave about the location of this hotel enough. It is located just across the river from the south end of Museum Island and is less than a hundred yards from the Spittelmarkt Metro Station (which is on one of the oldest Metro lines in the city, so it goes to almost all of the attractions). The hotel itself is friendly even though busy and the rooms are a bit on the Spartan side but spacious by European standards. And since the hotel is in what is essentially a residential and office area, the rooms are quiet, even with the windows open. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeE73
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was lovely and clean, and despite being very quiet was actually in a very well connected location. It has easy access to the U-bahn and if you're averagely fit, can easily walk in to the centre. The only downside was that the underground garage wasn't on-site - but it was only a few minutes walk around the corner and ultra-secure. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arrived a bit early but was told in no uncertain terms that 'all guests must check in at check in time'. Woops. No flexibility there. Handed over my Best Western card when I was eventually allowed to check in and was then told, in equally censorial terms, that no points could be attributed to my card because I had booked through a hotel search company. Another black mark against the customer. But it seemed they could give me a bottle of water as a Best Western card holder. Wow.

This is a modern and totally anonymous block in a weirdly new area, where restaurants and shops are conspicuous by their absence. The room was a decent size and well appointed. Staff tend to be young and pleasant, if a bit locked into their rules and regulations. Stay a night and move on.

Room Tip: This is a hotel for a one nighter. Many much more agreeable options in Berlin in the same price range.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JeremyCondor
Customer C, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Best Western Hotel Am Spittelmarkt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Jeremy Condor,

thank you for taking your time to review your stay in our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

BEST regards
Angelika
Customer Care

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very clean rooms and in a quite location. Near subway system to get to trains also. Breakfast was about 10Euros. Walking distance to tourist area. Staff was very helpful at all times. TapTas restaurant across the street I recommend. Stay here you will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business