“Nightmare/fraud.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nollendorfplatz City-Apartments

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berlin
Nollendorfplatz City-Apartments
Ranked #590 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Oslo
“Nightmare/fraud.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Never been treated so bad by any hotel/apartment. They are not a serious company. The owner changed her mind about the reservation, we were not allowed to check in and were left on the street. She still had the nerve to charge my creditcard for no-show.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Igor A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

We were 7 friends had bookies three apartments through Booking.com. The landlord met us on the street and told me that all the apartments were not ready. When she'd give us our apartment, she was mad when I asked if we three who were staying there to get our respective key. We had actually paid for four people. She said she didnt liked my attitude because I would have keys to those who had ordered, and would not rent out the apartment. She also refused to rent to my friends. We stood on the streets with no place to live. She charged the credit card even though we were not allowed to stay in the apartments. My advice: Do not book these apartments. The landlord takes your credit cardinformation and charge card unless you get to stay in the apartment.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank Norwegian38

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

The apartment is in a great place, close to train, taxis and shopping. Plenty of room for 3 adults with good facilities and a balcony, BUT, the upstairs neighbor was up til 5am every night, scrapping chairs, banging doors etc. if the owner can fix this problem, then the apartment was very good to stay in.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Pam L
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here for one weekend in a 1-room apartment in Nollendorfstraße 34, apartment no. 13.
The people behind this business is very friendly and I had a good communication with them prior to arrival. The apartment is a 1-room apartment with one combined living room, bed room and kitchen, and one bath room with a bath tub.The apartment is equipped with a TV, a small stereo and free ADSL with both cable and wireless connection.

Unfortunately this apartment did not live up to what I expected. I frequently travel to Berlin (been here five times already this year), and I think I know what to expect from a holiday apartment at this price. The apartment was not properly cleaned. Tableware and silverware was not cleaned, and there was several dirt spots on the walls and under the ceiling. Also, there was no hand soap or toilet paper in the bathroom. I know that you're supposed to be more independent when booking an apartment, but I've never stayed in an apartment without hand soap and toilet paper available at arrival. I arrived close to midnight after a long day with work and travel... and when you have to go, you have to go. No time to go shopping groceries first. I'm not gonna tell, and you don't wanna know how I solved that problem. So the day after, I went to the grocery store at Nollendorfplatz (Kaiser's) to buy a pack of toilet paper and hand soap with my own money. I didn't mind taking it with me when I left, so I hope the next guests will appreciate my humble gifts ;) The toilet is the old type of German toilet aka. Flachspüler or Hochspüler, and the toilet seat was not properly mounted so it kept gliding off while seated. The bed could also have been much better. This bed is really a large camp bed with a mattress on top of it. Not a real framed bed which I'm used to when I rent a holiday apartment. The curtains covering the windows and the balcony are white thin curtains which will keep you awake if you're sensitive to sun light during your sleep. I like to join the night life at the bars in Berlin, so for me it was pretty hard to sleep when I got back to the apartment around 5am when the sun started to rise with nothing to keep the light out from the apartment. The location however is very good. 5 minutes walk from Nollendofplatz U-bahn and a 24h grocery store (Kaiser's). Also a lot of bars and restaurants very close to the apartment.

Suggestions for improvement:
- Double set of curtains or thicker curtains to keep the light out
- Hand soap in the bathroom
- Toilet paper in the bathroom
- Better cleaning between guests
- A new bed
- Portable fans to cool down the air during summer time

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stian M
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

We, my husband, and our son visited Berlin for 4 days and stayed in Nollendorf platz apartements for 3 nights. The location was excellent for us- near the busy buisness streets round KaDeWe and with the U-bahn just across the street. The apratment was nice, it was clean and the kitchenequipment was very good even though we didn,t cock so much this time the possibility was there. It was free wiFe in the apartment, the beds were comfortabel and a bathroom with a bath-tub- what else do You need...?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Antwerp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

You will receive an apartment depending availability : you can be lucky and get a larger one or receive something else, far from being what is displayed on the pictures. Old apartments also are in their portfolio. This is the reply I got when asking compensation for one night without heating : "I see that you got a bigger and more expensive 2-room apt. instead a 1-room apt. and in the past (Dec. 2009) you got a 4-room apt. instead a 2-room apt. It looks like a fair trade, isn't it?!" Honestly, one room WITH heating would have been just great. Be the judge.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple