2 people are viewing this hotel
US$99
Free cancellation until 17/12/21
US$102
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$81
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
Official Hotel SiteUS$96
Hotels.comUS$99
eDreamsUS$102
1,738 results
All reviews small kitchenette excellent location kettle stylish cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Location of this hotel is perfect - in the center of the city, about 5 min walk to the Museum Island. A bus stop to Tegel airport is also 5 min away. Shopping area is about 10 min away and it will take you 15-20 min to go to the Brandenburg gate or Alexanderplatz.
The staff at the reception was very slow, expecially the girls, there were many people waiting in the line, but they hardly seemed to move. There was only one tall guy with a small beard that was really helpful (thanks a lot!), others might need to work on it.
They also charged me 30 euros per night in advance in case I would use anything from the mini-bar. Why? Does any hotel still do that? Usually you get charged afterwards, if you really use something, but not before!
The room was interesting. I've had a top floor corner room with a panoramic view, so, there were a lot of windows, which usually is a good thing for me. But I wasn't prepaired not to have a bathroom as a separate room (only toilet was behind the door), with a shower with a glass door right in front of the window. Maybe it is very modern, but I prefer having a shower in a more private space.
The bed was good and situated in the middle of the room with a desk right behind it. This solution looked nice. I especially enjoyed a big rocking chair by the window as the view on the Berliner Dome was great. The room also had a safe, an air conditioning, a fridge and a good wifi. So, apart from the bathroom, it was nice.
The breakfast was overall good, but nothing special - the same things as everywhere. Very small glasses for juice, it's ok, I took three of them.
I would recommend this hotel for a business stay, but don't forget to close the window curtains before going to shower.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights. The location of the hotel was great - very close to museum island, a metro stop that connected you to the city, and walkable to all major areas of the city if you wanted to do so. For the price we paid, the value was outstanding, and our room was spacious with a kitchenette to keep our beer cold. We opted out of breakfast at the hotel, but there is a great breakfast place around the corner called Chipps! Overall, would highly recommend this hotel as a base for a stay in Berlin. It's modern, clean, and the staff were friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SHAYNASM
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic little hotel in a superb location. Twenty minute walk from both the Brandenberg Gate and the TV Tower.
Our room was booked as a "comfort double" but it was huge. The bed was large and comfortable. Our sheets and towels were changed which I prefer and which often doesn't happen when staying for two nights.
Note: There was the option to forgo room servicing in an effort to support the environment.
We also ate lunch here. The curry sausage and burger were both delicious. Lovely hotel, perfect for two days in Berlin.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rozzybella
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We were at the John F for three nights in June 2017. We found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast buffet served in the dining room was adequate and served the typical buffet items. The room was spacious and had some finer appointments including a large wooden rocking chair. Loved the location and the comfort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RetirementDreams
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Good location Down Town. Very nice and safe district. Lots of trendy restaurants and Bars around. We had a calm room with view in a huge new park inside the building block.
Big room and bath. New!!
The room had a kitchenette with extra refrigerator, tee, fruits and a full bar!
Negative was the big swinging chair which has the style of a master chair. Bulky block in the room.
Breakfast is delicious! Fish, sweets and so on.
The staff was very friendly!
Negative was the bar and the barkeeper.
I ordered a Gin Martini which came "without" Martini..
The order for a Martini came with a Homemade "Berlin" Martini which is more a dry Sherry. Even after a promise, the next day again without Martini....
Anyway a nice place to stay!!
Enjoy!

Room tip: Ask for a quite room with view in the park.
Date of stay: May 2017