Axel Hotel Berlin
  • Pool
US$127
US$106
1,800 results
All reviewsgay hotelpainted blackjunior suitejacuzzi bathgay scenespa areatop floorbars and clubsroof terracefriendly hotelkadewe department storelocation is greatrooms are smallmetro stationgaysschonebergstylish
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am a regular Hyatt, W & Ritz Carlton brand business traveler. My Berlin Axel stay was no less than with friendly experienced staff. A city location with a quiet neighborhood feel. Cyclists, walkers, coffee houses, restaurants, major city shopping, entertainment, public transportation a block away. what else can one ask for. Good job AXEL are you looking for investors? count me in!

Room Tip: My initial discounted room was claustrophobic, smallest in their inventory. for a Suite upgrade 30E a day... BAM knock my socks off !!! sweet home for 6 days.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AxelhotelBerlin, Manager at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate the magnificent reviews and the confidence you have placed in us as Axel hotel.
We always try to offer the best service and quality to our guests and we are delighted that you value our efforts; please we invite you to repeat with us and be part of Axel hotels.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed here twice this year, and both times Ive had an exceptional stay. I think that this is primrily down to the manager/management. He genuinely cares that the visitors have a good stay.
The hotel is modern, with a black interior. Some might find it too dark, but it's modern and creates an interesting atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable, clean, and showers are powerful. I didn't have any noice issues. Plenty of linen and towels. There is a spa area upstairs on the top floor, with jacuzzi, steam room, dry sauna, gym, and loungers. The area has wall to floor windows so it's bright and airy. There is a restaurant called Hamburger Mary's, which I think perhaps needs a real make-over. It's rather dated and cheesy and trying too hard to be a "fun" place. Perhaps a more modern style, trendy, minimalist classic burger joint would be better than the cartoon themed place. Just a thought.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank HagueTraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great opinion!!
We really appreciate your time to give us your opinion, for us is always welcomed our guests help to improve our services. We have noted your opinions and we will consider to improve our quality of customer sevice.
We are pleased to have had you with us and hope to see you soon at any of our worldwide Axel Hotels.

Million thanks,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been to other Axel Hotels and therefore expected a premium, boutique feel. Sadly not. The nearly-all-black decor and slightly chemical smell gave it a sauna-meets-coffin atmosphere. And I never managed to get the wifi above a crawl.

And the service was at best inattentive. I had to wait half an hour to check in whilst they told some other poor guy that they hadn't accepted the booking from his travel agent - and made it seem like a favour that they then found somewhere else for him to stay in town.

They charged me a full night's stay to extend my checkout until 7pm that evening.

And I left a couple of things in my room when I left. I called the hotel to ask them if they found them, and after promising to check with housekeeping, no call back. When I phoned back again, apparently nothing had been found.

So altogether that adds up to a definite 1 star. Sort it out, Axel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ro66ie
AxelhotelBerlin, Manager at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear ro66ie,

First of all I would like to thank you for your very constructive review about our hotel. Any feedback helps us to improve our service quality.
I am sorry that your stay was not as expected, since the hotel management inform you that all the hotel staff does its best to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay as much as possible, and so we will continue to do so.
I appreciate your understanding during your check in, I remember perfectly the situation, it was very unpleasant for us as due to an error that Axel was not responsible, one of our clients was forced to stay at another hotel for one night, and only to your knowledge, we did not do him any favors, we just did our job, who is to ensure a perfect stay to our customer, also if we are not responsible for the misunderstanding.
It is unethical to make free judgments about situations that are unknown, as they can lead to misunderstandings, and that's not fair for us or for our guests.
In reference to the checkout, the time of leaving the room is at 12 Pm, in some cases, if the hotel occupancy permits, we can offer our guests a late checkout until 14pm, at most, because the cleaning service is until 15pm and after that time we have no possibility to clean the room for our next customer.
If the guest decides unilaterally and without informing the reception to leave the room at 7:00 p.m, one more night is charged.
I will consider your comments and take the measures necessary to improve our service quality.
Thanks again and hope to see you at one of our hotels around the world.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have just had a great week in Berlin and we stayed again at the Axel Hotel.
This time we were upgraded to a mini suite (thanks Saul!) and the room was clean and tidy every day.
All the staff (and guests) are very friendly and pleased to help with any query. As we were staying for a week and had drove there, the front desk suggested a nearby no-pay parking street - thank you!
The Hamburger Mary bar is also pleasant and has good meals on the menu.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmsterdamNeil
AxelhotelBerlin, Manager at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and your time in giving us the opportunity to improve our services. We greatly appreciate the confidence you have placed in us as your landmark hotel in Berlín.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel several times but again we were disappointed. A lack of cleanliness, maintenance and the average friendliness of the staff have made our visit very unpleasant. Reading all the comments of the previous guests we are having the impression that the management only apologies but does not really go to the real point of the complaint.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank honestgerman
AxelhotelBerlin, Manager at Axel Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that your stay at the hotel was not to your liking.
We have taken note of your comments and hope to remedy soon, in order to improve our quality and service.
I must say that we have already taken action in this regard on its non-satisfaction with staff.
Again sorry for what happened,
Yours sincerely,