“Great hotel”
Review of The Circus Hotel

The Circus Hotel
Ranked #10 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, seems like the hoxton but better value, clean, good location, food is really good. All round pretty nice place! Room 402 was the room that me and my Fräulein made our magic in ;-)

What room will your fuehrer be tied up in? Also the cake!! Eat lots of their cake! It's amazing.

Much love

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I chose The Circus in Berlin after reading all the wonderful reviews and because it was very affordable. I wasn't disappointed. Although the single room was small, I had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable. The washroom was modern and updated. Swipe cards allowed access to the elevator and your room - very safe! I couldn't help but think this hotel epitomizes German efficiency and practicality. I loved it! The attached restaurant/bar was very convenient and I found myself sipping a glass of red wine and listening to a live jazz band on the night I arrived. Perfect! The location was just right for me, in the Mitte district, right on a U line and an easy walk to most attractions. I highly recommend this hotel for the discerning traveller and hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sanspen
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed one night in Junior Suite, which was on the back side (no street noise) and the end of a corridor (virtually no hallway noise).

Modern, spacious room, very comfortable. The bed was probably one of the best I have ever slept on. Nice bathroom too, luxury feel although none of the rooms have baths (but the shower is very good).

Problem with one of the keycards was resolved easily by reception

I felt that the extra price for the "junior suite" was probably not really worth it. If you want a bit more space and a larger bed, the "double room" is probably enough. I can imagine the "economy rooms" are really small, but will do if you only need a decent place to sleep.

Free wifi worked very well - this should be free in all hotels instead of the regular ripoff policy.

Although you can request ground coffee and milk for free downstairs, I think having this in the room is an absolute basic service.

Spotlessly clean.

Location is good, and perfect connection to U-bahn entrance 10 meters from the door.

Small reception - I can imagine this can be a bit hectic at peak times.

Overall very recommendable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Circus in October and it was great! I can see why it constantly sells out.

I really would give it 4.5 stars- very clean, comfy, and they have a heated towel rack in the bathroom!

The room itself is on the smaller size- we just had a regular double room. But that was fine as the bed was very comfy and the location allowed us to walk to prenzlauerberg and take the metro everywhere (so we didnt spend that much time in the room).

Breakfast buffet at next door Fabisch is healthy and plentiful, and worth the cost.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niclam
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We chose Berlin as it had an Intercontinental Hotel, however after ready the reviews we decided to stay at the Circus and was not disappointed. We arrived early and the receptionist was happy to check us in and for us to leave our bags. She also gave us some ideas of where to visit and also advice on travel which they rent travel cards for 4.50 euros a day for use on all of the Berlin transport system. We had booked breakfast for our stay, however we realised that we needed to leave before breakfast on our last day which we advised the reception staff and we were not charged. The breakfast was simple but ample, and the hotel was spotless. We are so pleased we chose to stay and would highly recommend this hotel. The location and staff made a really excellent break in Berlin. We would suggest booking direct with the hotel as this seems to be the cheapest alternative.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCandH
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Circus on New Year's Eve 2013. The staff were amazingly friendly. The room we stayed in was simple, clean and very fit for purpose. The food was great. The breakfast was absolutely amazing, it was a buffet style. The location is great for seeing the city, public transport links. The bar and restaurant were very cool. All the staff follow the anticipatory service model, awesome. Thank you

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Clean & comfortable . Bed room are very good. We can see very good view from their. food are delivered very fast.. Only in few minute.. Food are also very testy but. Tha hotel also provide speecial kind of food. Eg: traditional food, different country food etc..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends