“A gourmet disaster”

Ranked #947 of 9,127 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: Restaurant HEat - where the fire meets the taste The restaurant is characterized by their entirely contemporary, clear design. "HEat" cooks up modern creations from Asia and Europe in its show kitchen. The name of the restaurant sets the tone: The four ovens, ranging from Indian Tandoor clay ovens to the French rotisserie grill, allow you a view into their hot interior. The "Atrium Lobby Lounge & Bar" beneath the spectacular AquaDom, completes the superior range of gastronomy offered by the Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently my partner and I visited Berlin. We went to Heat a restaurant in the Radisson Blu hotel on Saturday night. The waiter who attended us was faultless, he offered advice on the starters, I had chosen the nachos and my partner was proposing to have soup, the waiter told us the portion of nachos was rather large and meant for sharing. Up to this point all was going well. Our mains a steak took over 1 hour to come to the table and it was ordered medium well arrived "blue", why the delay, no reason. The curry was left under the lights while we waited for the steak, it arrived at the table "congealed", it was returned and the replacement was not much better. The "blue" steak was returned to be cooked some more but it arrived only slightly more cooked.
The waiter was so nice throughout and he asked us to come back the next day for a meal, but life is too short to run the risk of two bad meals on a weekend away!

1  Thank Pauline A

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nothing special, but convenient and fairly priced. We had soup which was good and a curry wurst which was just OK. The service was good.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a very nice dinner in a fantastic place, top class service and interesting range of food options. Location is amazing and if you use the welcome card you are entitled of a fabulous 25% discount :-)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My partner and I had a Sunday lunch in the HEat as this was the closest place we found to the Berliner Dom. We knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but had it anyway as a treat.The restaurant has an excellent location, and it was very good looking inside. They apparently pay a lot of attention on the interieur design. Much less on the food and on the service unfortunately.
The food: far from great, quite oily,
The service: I decided to have wiener schnitzel but in the menu it came with fried potatoes. When placing the order I asked the not-too-friendly lady if I could get mash potatos instead of fries. She wasn't very happy for the extra "fuss", but promised she would check it with the chef. She came back after 5 minutes and said it was not possible. (???) It's not the end of the world I know. But I could never imagine that in a restaurant like this it could be a problem. Anyway: plenty of things to improve Leute!

1  Thank niahm21
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The quality of the food and the cooking was very good albeit quite expensive for some dishes. The manager of the restaurant was very helpful and pragmatic in sorting out confusion as to what the menu provided for by way of accompaniments in relation to a steak dish.