“I recommend also for your own money”

Renger-Patzsch Restaurant
Ranked #588 of 8,445 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schoneberg
Espoo, Finland
“I recommend also for your own money”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The restaurant is a bit far away from the city centre but you can always take a cap or subway. This is a place you like to go if you like to get a feeling of an ordinary "berliner" restaurant and I do not mean any brauhaus or lederhose restaurant. This is a place were local people eat with their girl friends or families.

Price level is also reasonable and service very good.

If you have a short visit in Berlin and like to enjoy a good food and wine with a reasonable price so this is the place!

• Visited October 2013

london
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I can only agree with the majority of previous reviewers. It was recommended by one of our conference organisers this Tuesday, who made a phone booking (actually unnecessary on this occasion, there was plenty of space, but maybe just because this was early in the week). The menu is short but varied. There were three of us, each was delighted by the food. My rump of lamb was absolutely delicious.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank r_hyman
San Francisco
“Great find and worth the search”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stormy, stormy night and seated next to the quintessential loud ugly American from Ohio ( we knew WAY more about her than we cared to after the meal), but loved this place. Food was excellent, service spot on and the wine delish. Highly recommend for interesting twists on traditional German fare. The menu tends toward game, fish and root veggies. Their tarte flambes (think kind of pizza-ish) are to die for as well as the sweet one.

• Visited October 2013
Southampton UK
“Really superb restaurant without any pomposity”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were lucky to have rented a flat a couple of blocks away from this gem of a restaurant, which along with the rave reviews made us check it out. We booked before we left the UK and then had to rearrange the date, but they were fine with this mid-week. I imagine it must get much busier at weekends. We both went for the 40 euro menu which included two glasses of good and very suitable wines. While this daily menu doesn't offer a wide choice of dishes, what they offered the day we were there was ideal. I had some truly excellent guinea foul with lentils as a main. Every dish is very carefully and imaginatively crafted. The bottled water is steep at around a fiver, but I really couldn't hold that against the place given the quality of everything else. Treat yourself, and when you're done go next door for a drink in the Pinguin Club, which was one of David Bowie and Iggy Pop's favourite bars while they lived just round the corner on Haupt Strasse.

• Visited August 2013
Watford
“Worth the taxi ride”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a German friend of a friend, and we were the only British tourists in the place when we were there - it was packed even on a Monday night! Good wine list and reasonably priced, and had very good starters of celery soup and wind dried wild boar. The menu is small and as you may expect very meat biased. My husband had beef stew which was delicious but I was slightly disappointed with my pork selection - the different cuts all tasted much the same. So had I had what he ate, I would be giving this 5 stars!

• Visited August 2013