“Excellent!”

Vienna House Andel's Berlin
Ranked #57 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The hotel offered an upgrade to their executive floor just at EUR 30 per room (i.e. eur 15 per person, which we went for. and this was the right decision.
the room was very clean and newly refurbished. we had both a shower and a bathroom, which was very nice. the bed was very comfortable. additionally, with the upgrade to the executive floor, we had access to their executive lounge, which had a spectacular view of the city. you enjoyed nice snacks and drinks (soft drinks, wines, beers, etc.). or and we also had a free wifi internet access, which you would normally have to pay for.
staff were also very nice and helpful (especially the guy in the executive lounge).
so i would highly recommend this hotel as we had an excellent experience with them. and definitely go fo the executive floor.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ainour
There are newer reviews for Vienna House Andel's Berlin

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I wanted to delay the check out for half an hour because I had to pack, so I called the reception, but the answer is simply 'I'm afraid not'. I mentioned that I only needed a little bit extra time to pack my stuff, answer was still simply 'I'm afraid not'

I forgot my sun glasses in the room, and I called right after I left the hotel. After a whole afternoon, and three calls I made, I still can't get an answer of whether they found it or not. They said they'll call back, but that never happens. They first said that later tonight I can get an answer, and then tomorrow noon time. I explained that I have to fly out really early morning tomorrow, but they simply said they can't help.

This is really not the German efficiency that I expected.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lillytang2010
andelsBerlin, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Dear Lillytan2010,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. This is very important to us because with your feedback we are able to constantly improve our performance.

We have already investigated your comments with our Front Office Manager and our Executive Housekeeper and we want to apologize for the poor impression you have gained of our hotel and staff. We do take comments like this very seriously and I can assure you that necessary re-training will be carried out immediately.

As far as I am informed, we did find your sunglasses and they have already been posted back to you, free of charge. We always try our utmost to accommodate late check out requests, however this is not always possible. On your stay due to a bank holiday in Germany and a fully booked hotel, unfortunately we have not been able to provide you with a complimentary late check out.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and proof to you the high standards of the andel’s Hotel Berlin.

Best Regards from Berlin

Ralph Alsdorf
General Manager andel’s Hotel Berlin

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Here for a conference so never actually left the hotel. Great first impressions with impressive lobby and welcoming staff. First room was a very nice twin however the front desk changed to a double no problem (Best to ask first). The cafe on the ground floor does a very nice selection of simple pastas and good wine selection and the main restaurant offers a more formal experience with well presented food and attentive staff. Sky Bar is excellent with nice salty snacks to make you thirsty. Good selection at Breakfast buffet. Only down side is having to pay for the rather slow WIFI !

Would definitely consider when returning as a tourist based on the good value rates and modern clean feel of the hotel. Yes, it's not actually near too many of the main attractions they are only a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I booked this hotel as a mystery hotel on trip advisor as it was advertised as being close to Alexanderplatz. This hotel is a 10-15min tram ride from Alexanderplatz. To me, to be near something means within walking distance which it wasn't.

Given this, the hotel has a tram stop out the front and an S-bahn station about 100metres down the road. The hotel was very clean and modern and the breakfast buffet was great. I cannot fault the service I received from the hotel, I am just very disappointed that location was not as described.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We agree with all the positive comments made previously about this hotel. Although not as central in location as its website makes out, the tram connections are plentiful, direct and fast – getting us into the hub from Reception always in less than 10 minutes. Also worth noting is its convenience for Schönefeld airport – 30 minutes S-Bahn route that arrives directly beside the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We found this ultra modern hotel to be totally up to standards. The rooms were impeccably kept and large enough for comfort. The Intercontinental breakfast was fresh and abundant and the staff pleasant on the whole. The slight catch to this property is its location, although we never waited for more than a minute for a taxi (5 to 10 min away from city center / around €10 on average per trip) and there is public transport available just across the road.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My family and I stayed at Andel’s for 4 nights and our rooms were on the 5th floor. The rooms were modern and funky with a large flat screen TV and DVD player. There was a well stocked mini bar, in-room safe, tea and coffee making facilities and bathrobes and slippers. The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom had a fabulous walk in shower and separate bath.

The whole hotel is really clean, light and modern. I am partially sighted so all the colour contrasts and lighting were really well done. The staff were polite and helpful, especially Mr Fix it who always had a weather report or transport advice to hand! Breakfast was amazing because of all the choice – ranging from everything you would expect for a full English, to waffles, to pastries, to cheese and a large selection of fresh fruit and pastries. On a Sunday, breakfast is served until 1pm which I think is brilliant and more hotels should follow suit! The breakfast room was huge and it was always possible to get a table for our family even with a conference going on. Plus the staff were attentive and professional so the buffet was kept well stocked and you didn’t have to wait long for coffee or for plates to be cleared away.

The hotel is a little way out of central Berlin but half the fun was getting on the tram to Alexanderplatz or further into Berlin. There are regular trams every 7 or 8 minutes and t he tram stop is just outside of the hotel. We flew into Tegel so chose to get a taxi and this was about 30 euros each way. There always seemed to be taxis outside. Check in was easy – plenty of staff so no queues and they were always on hand to lend out adapters and help with postcards.

The Sky bar is fantastic – especially all the staff who were so friendly and helpful. My family loved the view and enjoyed watching a massive thunderstorm on one night. There were a large range of drinks including non-alcoholic cocktails. The food was first class – especially the Currywurst!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Berlin.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family