Vienna House Andel's Berlin
US$117
US$127
US$108
2,750 results
All reviewssky bartram stoplandsberger alleegreat hotels bahnpublic transportdvd playermodern hotelalexander platzspa facilitiesmini barbig hotelschonefeld airporttop floorwalk in showerbuffet breakfastspent nights
996 - 1,001 of 2,750 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2011

If you are looking for a hotel in Berlin where you can just walk out and enjoy the sights and sounds, Andel's is not for you. However, if you don't mind the convenient tram ride (I mean convenient as in 10 steps from hotel's front door and 5 mins from Alexanderplatz), Andel's is great for its value. The Hotel lobby is spacious, bright and welcoming. The staff is generally friendly and the concierge is very helpful in getting tram and tour tickets. I was traveling with my husband and my brother's family of 5, 3 rooms in total. The rooms are clean, contemporary, airy, bright and spacious with extra tall ceiling. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom is spacious and clean with adequate amenities.

Breakfast buffet was included in the room rate and the buffet spread was pretty good. It got crowded though as it was the summer holiday season. The hotel has many dining options, from casual pizzas, pasta to more fancy dining. We had reservation for a 3-course meal at the Choice but unfortunately the restaurant was closed unexpectedly the evening of our reservation. The hotel did not notify us of the closure, we found out from this posting at the restaurant door of the change. It was very poorly indicated as to where to go if you have a reservation, we found out from the receptionist that we need o go to the restaurant where breakfast was served. We had prepaid for the 3 course meal which was at 34eur per person, instead we were served a 3-course buffet (choice of salmon or chicken) which only cost 21eur per person. We felt totally gypped but didn't feel like management would make the adjustment so we didn't even bother mentioning it. This was the only negative experience we had with the hotel; otherwise it's a good hotel for its value.

The sky Bar on the top floor (14th floor, I think) was nice but very small so seating is very limited if you go there past 9pm. To be honest, as Berlin is rather flat we found the view nothing special.

Two hours after we checked out, my nephew realized he left his ring in the room so we called the hotel and they were able to locate the ring and it was a happy ending. Andel's was a good choice for this family trip but it's not a hotel I would return again given there are so many other hotels in Berlin city center.

Stayed 2 nights in mid-July 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank seetheworld9999
andelsBerlin, General Manager at Vienna House Andel's Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear Guest,

We truly welcome your recent presence at andel´s Hotel Berlin.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences during your stay. We appreciate our guest’s support and feedback and are working hard to translate this into an improved level of service.

Although we are pleased with your positive comments we also have to apologize for the deficiencies you registered. At present, our a.choice chef-team is in a creative summer break so that the restaurant is closed. We will start with a new menu and a new executive chef for our a.choice restaurant starting at 22 August 2011. We would like to welcome you back soon at the andel’s Hotel Berlin to convince you about our improved services. Our guests are very welcome to visit the oscar´s or delight restaurant during the summer break.

We are regretful that the location of the hotel did not fully meet your expectations. Since Berlin is a permanent growing city we are confident that the neighborhood of our hotel will soon be more attractive. Thanks to the ideal train, tram and bus connections of the hotel you benefit from a door-to-door service, of course travel times need to be scheduled.

Whenever you return to Berlin, we would appreciate to welcome you again at andel’s Hotel Berlin.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I attended a conference in Andel’s hotel and the venue really met my expectations. Nice, spacious rooms with lots of light, good conference facilities and very helpful staff.
The guest rooms are design in a very modern way. They are clean and comfortable; breakfast and lunch tasty with a wide choice. A definite highlight is a sky bar on the top of the hotel with an amazing view over Berlin.
The only downside is the location – a bit far from the center and with nothing around but there is a tram line in front of the hotel which brings you to the city center in about 15min.
In general very good experience!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity to recently welcome you as our guest at andel´s Hotel Berlin.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences during your stay. We were very pleased to recognize your positive comments and that you enjoyed the stay and the conference with us.
We really appreciate the feedback from our guests which constantly supports us in improving our level of service.

We regret that the location of our hotel didn’t fully meet your expectations and was a bit far from the center but Berlin is a dynamic and permanent growing city so we are confident that the neighborhood of our hotel will soon turn out to be more attractive.

When you next return to Berlin, we would be delighted to welcome you back to andel´s Hotel Berlin.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2011

very nice, modern hotel, clean spacious rooms. great breakfast. tram and S-bahn in front of the hotel. some shops across the street. beautiful bathroom, nice beds. with the S-bahn it is a short distance to the nice area of Prenzlauer Berg. by tram you can go to Alexanderplatz. the only thing that is not so nice is the surrounding of the hotel, it is not a nice area to stroll around. but for the rest we had a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you for giving us feedback regarding your stay at the andel’s Hotel Berlin.

We were very pleased to see your positive comments and that you enjoyed the stay with us. It is our continuing commitment to provide our guests with only the best service and personal attention.

We are very sorry that the surrounding of our hotel didn’t meet your expectations: Berlin is a permanent growing city and a thriving center for tourists so we are confident that the neighborhood of our hotel will soon be more attractive.

The andel’s Hotel Berlin as part of the Vienna International Hotels & Resorts is permanently focused on clients’ satisfaction. Your opinion comes first and is very important for us to amend our service standards.

Whenever you return to Berlin, we would appreciate to welcome you again at andel´s Hotel Berlin.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great things about this hotel:

1.) The BREAKFAST buffett was AMAZING! Such a large spread of meats, cheeses, eggs, toast, pastries, juices, coffees, teas, etc. I didn't try any of the restaurants at the Hotel but the breakfast was certianly to die for.

2.) Large, spacious, CLEAN rooms. The rooms are decorated brilliantly and everything was super clean. Plus, flat screen TVs. Which leads me to my number 3....

3.) ENGLISH language TV programs! I know people will judge me for this but after a loooong day of sight-seeing and tourist-ing I love to come back to the hotel and sip some tea and watch some TV. Not speaking any German, I was thrilled to find TV shows and movie channels in English.

4.) The AC worked amazingly and the rooms were surprisingly quiet.

All and all I have to say this hotel is rather decadent for the price you pay. Overall, I found what little interaction I had with the staff pleasant and efficient.

I really don't have anything BAD to say, except that the location was not what I was expecting. I am someone who loves walking around and exploring neighborhoods and seeing what there is to see... However, there is absolutely NOTHING around this hotel that I could find that was worth looking at or even any places to shop within walking distance (not counting the BK across the street). I was able to walk to Aleksanderplatz (sp?) after about a 40 minute trek. Along the way there was simply old, deteriorating buildings and lots of traffic.

But again, there is a train stop RIGHT in front of the hotel... So if you don't like to walk, you're golden!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Crystal1210
Reviewed 27 July 2011

An absolutely fantastic place. Very big yet they have managed to make it feel welcoming and comfortable. Boutique style rooms, the most helpful staff I feel I've ever had in a hotel and a wonderful buffet breakfast - served until 13.00 on Sundays! Now that's consideration for the guests.

The service and rooms cannot be faulted from reception staff, Sebastian - the conceige, the sauna staff and the maid service. Ten out of ten for all of them.

There is a wonderful sauna area - the shy English may find the fact that everyone is nude slightly daunting. Get over it - we all have bodies. Great view from the windows in the sauna - better than looking at wooden walls. The hotel has a great little fitness centre with a terrace you can exercise on - I did my yoga there and loved it.

Location wise some have criticised it. No reason to. If you are staying in West Berlin and wanted to see some of the major sites in East Berlin, such as Checkpoint Charlie, the Jewish Museum, it's actually nearer. Transport links are great and it's like being in the Circle Line on the Tube in London and having to travel into Oxford Circus.

Love my barefoot running and the hotel staff recommended a local park - Friedrichschain - which has a fitness trail and it's where many locals exercise, have picnics and relax. You won't find the hustle and bustle of the centre and that is what makes this hotel so appealing.

It's rated as 4 star yet really is 5 star - it's kept lower to enable some professional groups who aren't allowed to stay in 5 star hotels to use it.

Go and see what I mean!