“Great launching point for seeing Berlin!”
Review of Pension Galerie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berlin
Pension Galerie
Ranked #9 of 188 Berlin B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great launching point for seeing Berlin!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I echo all of the positive things people have said on this site. When I made my reservation, it appeared on the map that the location was reasonably good, but after staying there I would describe it is excellent. I was able to walk to most of the major sites, but easy-to-use public transportation was always just a few minutes away if I wanted to rely on that. The immediate surrounding neighborhood is a bit bland, but I enjoyed the quiet at the end of the day. The breakfasts were filling and presented in a very elegant buffet. This was an extremely pleasant place to be. Pension Galerie is an absolutely great value. I would have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank drtim57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Yes, the location and value of Pension Galerie are great but we had a few problems during our stay. I just want to be honest so other people are warned. Angelika was very helpful when we arrived but the internet did not reach our room which is a big deal when trying to look up information about your city. We ended up spending a lot of time in the lobby using the wifi instead of in our room. The breakfast was okay but Agnes's presence was always an added benefit. : ) The beds were extremely hard (even for European standards) and our hot water ran out. We were suggested to that all sites were walk-able distance from the Pension. Do not do this. We were exhausted by the end of the first day! Especially since you are so close to the subway, it is very manageable, do not try to walk it. I know many people had rave reviews for this place so maybe we were just off but our stay just wasn't as comfortable as we had hoped.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kuhllikethat
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were about 6 nights in May 2014 at the charming Hotel. We reached the hotel through the reviews in TripAdvisor, and with great expectation we reached the hotel in Berlin and reality overcame imagination.
The contract with the hotel via e-mail and it was easy and simple with detailed answers with explanations about the hotel and the way we have to choose to get to the hotel from the airport.
Lovely Agnes greeted us when we arrived at the hotel and gave us a general explanation about the hotel and the area and then showed us the room.
The room was very clean and large.
We arrived for breakfast every morning when host hotel Agnes or Angelika (hotel owner) greeted us with a smile and pleasantly.
Small meal that gives power to open day.
At breakfast we received recommendations with explanations Directions map areas we wanted to get to them.
The hotel is located in a central and in a number of subway stations. Closest is Checkpoint Charlie station only 400 meters away.
Hotel is highly recommended. If we go back to Berlin we will be happy to stay again
One more thing I would like to thank Angelika and Agnes on my birthday gift.
Tamir and coral
may 2014.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Flexible with arrangement - had to add an extra bed to accommodate a friend after my initial booking. Accommodated our request. We also needed late checkout - they realised one of the rooms was not needed that night and offered us to keep the room key and just leave it in the postbox when we leave.

Excellent value for money - can't do any better.

Room - nice and tidy, clean, private ensuite room is good. Hot water is in steady supply.

cannot recommend it more!!!!

BEST BED EVER OMG - all of my 5 friends absolutely loved their comfortable beds!

Breakfast was normal, nothing special. We didn't bother to eat since we woke up late anyway.

A bit of a walk (7-10 min) from pension to closest metro station, but was great since weather was fine. Would not be good if it was raining. However, for this price, you cannot find fault in this. Local area felt safe even if we walked late at night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2014

As others have mentioned countlessly, i can't agree more to the locality of Pension Galerie. It's very centralised to main attractions such as the Reichstag & Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island to name a few. It's very accessible around Berlin since the Subway is located within 7mins of walking. In addition to the accessibility, the Pension was clean and also provides a very 'homely' feel. Besides the cleanliness of the place, the service provided by Angelika was excellent. On the day upon arrival, looking as lost as a sheep, Angelika showed a comprehensive map of Berlin and the attractions around the area. She also gave me additional guide books of places of attraction. The price paid for the 2nights spent in Pension Galerie was definitely worthy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great location for Berlinale Film Festival! 2 blocks from EFM (European Film Market) at Martin Gropius Bau, 20-min walk to Potsdamer Platz. 1/2 to 1/4 the price of other hotels affiliated with the festival. (I hope I can still get a room next time after writing that! ;) You will also meet other Festival attendees because of the family-style Breakfast. Room facing courtyard was clean, sunny, quiet, comfortable, and had good wifi (included). There is an elevator if you have large bags or any injuries. Close to transportation, cool cafes, Checkpoint Charlie, and other tourist sites. Angelika gave me a good map. The bus routes are very convenient to go East to Oranienstrasse or anywhere else. I like staying in Pensions, because you get a little more "local" experience. To me, the area was a bit spooky because of the history of the neighborhood. But, that's Berlin. Also the energy-saving auto-lights are very Green/economical, but at first if you're a woman traveling alone, may put you on guard for a moment. But the area felt safe in a city way. That way, it's more like staying in a flat than a hotel. Angelika & Agnese were helpful and very friendly, but I didn't know how to reach them for questions in the evening since I didn't have a mobile phone set up yet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

For our first trip to Berlin we could not have done better. The warmth of the hospitality was evident from the first contact we made with Agnese and Angelika. Close to the main sites but peaceful location. Beautifully presented breakfast set us up for a day's sightseeing. Good advice on places to eat. Excellent in every way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple