“Cosy place with friendly atmosphere”
Review of Appetito Italiano - CLOSED

Appetito Italiano
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Cosy place with friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Ate here last minute after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor. Glad we did as the waiter welcomed us in, and despite being pretty full and having a large party due to arrive, we were shown to a cozy candlelit table for two.

The atmosphere inside was friendly and seemed full of locals (who we found out after was a group of local workers on a Christmas meal out), and the "famous" member of staff came to chat to us and tell us about his restaurant, and that he had read the reviews on here about himself. The food was very nice and the service was with a smile.

Due to the short stay in Berlin we only ate here once but upon a second visit we could have received a free glass of wine each with the flyer cards the waiter hands out as you were leaving. Definitely would go back there again however and recommend to others in Berlin.

• Visited December 2012

“Really Recommended!!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We found this little place on Tripadvisor a d thought to give it a try. What a wonderful experience that was. The food is brilliant, i had the best pizza I ever had and my husband had a wonderful fresh fish. Good wine, wonderful home-made desserts and the service from Tasos was faultless and friendly. Would so recommend it if looking for somewhere nice to eat near checkpoint Charlie. Should add that prices were great two. Less than €80 for a 3-course meal for two with a bottle of good wine!

London
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Lovely little place, and yes that waiter is amazing!
More of a locals place than tourist, I went with a friend who is living in Germany

Also I am a veggie and it had a selection for me so perfect, great wine, good food and terribly impossibly good service

• Visited October 2012
madison, wi
“Small quaint, good food”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We ate here twice on two different days and enjoyed both our lunch and dinner. The dinner was especially nice because of the service. Our waiter was Greek but he spoke fluent Italian, German, and English and has been in the Italian restaurant business for over 20 years. He was outstanding and made the dinner experience especially nice. The place is small and much like a trattoria with the checkered tablecloths. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that it was not a tourist restaurant. They had tables outside along the sidewalk but not the best location for outside dining.
Our food was excellent, my wife had the best spaghetti bolognese she has every had and I had spaghetti aglio e olio and the minestrone soup was also very good. The prices were reasonable. I would go with something other than the house white wine. The other white a pinot grigio was very good and I believe the same price. At lunch although not on the menu they made an arrabiatta sauce that was outstanding and my wife had a arugula salad with shaved parmesan that was large, fresh, and delicious.
A summary would be great atmosphere with a real Italian flavor, great food and service. We highly recommend this place and hope to return if we get back to Berlin.

• Visited October 2012
“Not bad, worth a second visit perhaps!”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Not bad, atmosphere was lovely not a tourist place which was nice. While my pasta wasn't amazing,
I did like the place, it felt like being in italy and I think I may have just ordered the wrong meal.