“Pleasantly surprised by good food and friendly service. ”
Review of Frida Kahlo

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I admit that I am not a massive fan of Mexican food, as its quality in Berlin is generally speaking not that great.

I was in the area with a friend and we wanted a quick bite before heading to the theatre. We told our waiter that we were in a bit of a hurry. Well, we had our food within a few minutes and it was quite tasty! I had a good quesadilla de pollo with green and red sauce. The red sauce was very nice. My friend was happy with his vegetarian burrito (see picture if you wish) too.

All waiters we dealt with were very friendly and smiley. Not an extremely frequent phaenomenon in Berlin, even if things are slowly improving when it comes to customer service.

The prices are completely fine, about 27 euros for both including one beer each.

Definitely a place to remember for a quick, tasty and inexpensive snack.

1  Thank MrsPerfectBerlin

Reviewed 30 January 2016

The Mexican food was served cold, vegetables we not fresh, kitchen was busy and the service and food was not to recommend

Reviewed 2 January 2016

The restaurant "Frida Kahlo" has seen better days, when it eventually made into guidebooks. These days are long gone! Nowadays it offers average but overpriced tex mex food on the fast-food level. The service is terrible! On the positive side remains the ambience, the location, and the name.
Recently, I gave it a second try, but I regretted it so much. We waited more than an hour on our food. I dared to remember the waiter on our orders, but got only the harsh hint on the number of people in the restaurant. After another half an hour waiting we decided to leave the "Frida Kahlo", hungry. No appology, nothing, from the staff.
"Frida Kahlo" is a typical example of a restaurant that got a good reputation at some point in the past, but now it cashes in on its former fame by low-quality food and poor service.
There are far better options near by, even in close proximity. Check them out and avoid a disappointing evening at "Frida Kahlo"

Reviewed 27 November 2015

I visited Berlin with friends and their young children and we went for Sunday brunch here, it was amazing, the best brunch I have ever had. Countless delicious options and we weren't rushed for the table. We have plenty of time to enjoy it all properly. I will definitely come back!

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

we had a very pleasant night yesterday in this simple Mexican restaurant. The menu is no nonsense, the atmosphere is nice and warm and the service is God. The food is well served and very tasty. The waiter (owner?) recommended a very good Spanish wine, which we really enjoyed - and he obviously enjoyed serving it! We had a good evening!