“This hotel has it both "almost perfect hybrid" ways”

Adagio Berlin Kurfurstendamm
Ranked #46 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Seoul
“This hotel has it both "almost perfect hybrid" ways”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

In fact, I had made a reservation of another hotel in Schoneberg through an internet agency; but thirty minutes after the booking made, the agency sent me an email that the hotel was fully booked, so they gave me two alternative options at the same price (in real terms of price, these alternatives are bit more expensive hotels). I took Adagio. I stayed this hotel for six nights. The first night I was a bit perplexed by the information-there will be no change of towels and cleaning by the housekeeper. That's because if you stay within three nights, they offer full hotel service; but if you stay over three nights, they consider you a tenant in their accommodation with cleaning service offered every five days; one exception attached is that if you stay just six nights, you cannot get the service; of course, if you want to get the service, you can get it with extra charges. Since I'd had bad experiences in two apartment hotels in Thailand, I said to myself, "Just my luck." However, with days passing, I found myself very comfortable staying in this hotel. Unlike the previous apartment hotels, Adagio is fully equipped for self-housekeeping & self-catering: vacuum cleaner, kitchen wares, oven-functioning microwave, dishwasher, iron & ironing board, etc. Plus, room is beautiful with backyard views and delicately decorated wallpaper; good supermarket is nearby, so I enjoyed self-catering. One thing you have to consider if you want to stay here is that this area, Charlottenburg, is not a cultural hub in Berlin but a shopping one. As people know, Berlin's center of culture or tourist attractions are centered around the city east. But public transit is so good that you can go to east Berlin area in twenty minutes by U-bahn or S-bahn. Anyway, my staying here is really good; if I have an opportunity to go to Berlin, Adagio will be one of the first accommodations for me to consider.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SleepingBJKim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had booked to stay in this hotel for three nights but due to a system error ended up being sent to the hotel next door for the first night as there were no clean rooms. Despite this initial mix up when we did finally check into our rooms we were delighted to find them clean, spacious and including a kitchen area. It was great to have a fridge and access to cooking facilities. The rooms were quiet and perfect for what we needed during our short stay - it was just a shame about the initial mix up that we felt could have been handled better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hannah L
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Have stayed at a number of Adagio Apartotels and this was well located, close to 2 great supermarkets, 5 mins walk, and 10 mins to closest U Bahn in Kurfurstendam. There is a great Hop on Hop Off bus starting in K'dam near the metro and it gives a great overview for first time visitors. This visit we found the major construction at one end of U1 was very disruptive and made it hard to get around easily. The apartment was clean, well appointed, although the kitchen could have had a few more containers and dishes for cooking but we managed ok. The staff were very helpful and cheerful. For those who enjoy the freedom of self catering this is a good choice which we recommend.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from the lift
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank winwander
Europe
Reviewed 1 August 2014

It's a quite nice and functional hotel with a kitchenette, but terribly sensitively between the rooms - for that reason we want choose it again. But if you are lucky having quiet neighbors you might have a nice stay in an central and exclusive area.

Room Tip: Try to find a room in the end of a corridor, to avoid neighbors, because of the noice between the ap...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JournalistEU
newton mearns, glasgow, scotland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed from 13/07/14 untin 18/07/14 in an apartment with 15 year old grandson.was here solo in march nothing has changed still great reception staff always at hand when you need them.never needed cleaning staff but always a cheery hello when you met them.facilities in room first class large double room(enough for a teenager to turn into a car boot sale) kitchen good for the odd meal if you feel like it.no cleaning in room but the rest of the facility spotless.As Ive stated before I doubt if i ll ever return to a hotel again unless its with a 24 years old bimbo me being 66 years.Seriously this place is so laid back its great.Arriving on the day of the world cup final was the icing on the cake...when germany scored berlin went bananas!!! a night never to be forgotten.I love berlin anyway but this was special and also the tuesday when the team returned to berlin.

Room Tip: no avdice required situated behind a building so very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank bobmacNewtonMearns
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

i went there with my wife with the lastminute BA holiday package and we really enjoyed the stay at the hotel . you have the supermarkets near by and very nice resaturants are not far either .And we also booked the bus tour which starts from the walking distance to the hotel . staffs are very freindly and helpfull .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Balaji82
Weil am Rhein
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have been very loyal to this hotel. We stayed here 3-4 times per year and recommended to friends and family ect.. However, I thought I should express my displeasure with the hotel and its management this time.
1. The temperature in Berlin rose over 30 C for the past 3 day. It predicts to be 36 C tomorrow. The air condition did not work since Thursday NIGHT.. not Friday. There was no attempt to repair it. I would call service it does not matter how much it costs. The hotel was fully booked. Guests were complaining left and right
2. VERY strange situation. The receptionist (a new guy whom we have seen working here in th past.) opened our room WITHOUT knocking and quickly closed it when I raised my voice. I chased after him and he said " I thought you were not in" uhmmmm??? If I were not here, you would enter my room without my permission??? For what? I was a bit confused. It is good thing that there is a safe in everyroom. The incident left me speechless and feeling a bit strange... Is time to move on from this hotel and find another "home" in Berlin.
I hope managment do read this review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple