“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient”

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #17 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here for one night only as I made my way from Prague to Hamburg. I've visited Berlin previously and wished to make a short stop. I chose this hotel due to price and the proximity to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). It was about a 10-15 minute walk.

The check-in process was quick and efficient, although I did book and pay for the room through a third-party web-site before arrival.

The room was very clean and modern. It did have a small kitchen area, but as I was only staying one night, and I arrived late, I did not make use of it. It is an eco-friendly property with the hallway lights being out until one steps into the hallway and a person's movement turns them on. When I first opened the door to leave it was a bit disconcerting until my movement caused the lights to come on.

The bed was comfortable and the room was well appointed. It is definitely a place I would stay again.

I will note that when I was there in June of 2013, there was a fair amount of road construction happening. The hotel is on a side street and I did walk past it once. However after the clerk at another hotel pointed me in the right direction (simply back the way I came), the illuminated hotel sign on the building was easily seen.

The breakfast buffet was reasonably priced with many offerings.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank robstefanik
ABHBSchmid, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear robstefanik,

Many thanks for taking your time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. Your experience has been shared with the team already as this is so motivating for all of us.We hope to welcoming you again in the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof in the future.

I wish the very best for the new year!

Sinaida Schmid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean. Its location is in the very heart of Berlin. The staff is excellent. The restaurant is very good, what you pay is what you get. The somellier knows his job.
Not even a noise, so the night sleep is possible without any disturbance.
Breakfast is exquisite, but a little overpriced.
The concierge very helpful.
Would go there again any time.
Loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms are spotless. Really.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank camelia982
Dear camelia982,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment regarding your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us and we hope to see you back again in the new year.

Warm regards and a very happy 2014!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It's almost a perfect location--a 20 minute walk to Friederichstrasse--but the amenities and service make up for the short walk. It also encouraged me to visit the nearby museum of natural history which I probably would have skipped and missed their huge dinosaur. Some tips: if you are missing a bathrobe, there are some in the pool locker room. It takes 15 strokes to travel the indoor pool. The dinner was surprisingly good for a hotel dining room, but skip the Australian sparkling wine; it is not a substitute for French champagne. If you are short a present, the original German-made gummy bears (3.50 euros from the room minibar) are a good choice, although if you have time they cost just .99 euros at a drug store. Also, the good Australian shirraz, which is 9.10 euros for a glass in the restaurant, is a bargain 8.90 euros for a .375 ml bottle in your minibar.

Room Tip: In low season, they sometimes up grade you without charge.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnaSophia06
Dear Commines,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments.I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our hotel very convenient for your holiday trip.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back one day.

Cheshire, England
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel whilst visiting some of Berlin's wonderful Christmas markets, I have to say it is one of the best European hotels we have ever stayed in. Very conveniently situated within walking distance of the Hauptbahnhof station, from the moment we arrived we were very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the fabulous decor. Our room was huge and fantastically equipped with everything you could possibly want for a self catering break - even a washing machine and tumble drier! We made our own breakfast but ate out one night, and in the hotel restaurant the second night. The hotel bar is quiet and comfortable and the restaurant is fantastic - the menu choice was very good, service excellent, and the food absolutely divine! We love this hotel, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Judy1066,

I am very happy to hear that you had a fabulous festive break while staying with us. Thank you also for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

I wish you and your family a happy new year.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here for a week. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment which is a perfect size for two people. We had a kitchen which was handy as well as a washing machine and dryer which saved lots of time and money. Rooms were very clean. 5ish min walk to the station, which is super easy to get around all of berlin, the trains come about every give minutes. We are a young couple and also walked to heaps of great cafés/resteraunts/shops in mitte. There is free wifi in the lobby but for less than $10' you can purchase an access code for up in your room. Would stay again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear pial255100,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

I wish you a very happy new year!

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hauptbahnhof for 3 days and would definitely stay here again, the room (apartment) was perfect, plenty of space and luxury for 4. The teenagers in our group raved about how comfy the beds were. The hotel staff were friendly and gave good advice on what to do, and what not to do.
Our visit was during Christmas market time, so the pool and sauna were much used at the end of each day to ease the aching limbs.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Liz V,

Many thanks for taking your time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to read how you loved your room and the facilities coming along with it. Your experience has been shared with the team already as this is so motivating for all of us.We hope to welcoming you again in the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof in the future.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014!

Kind regards
Katharina Heinrich & Team
Assistant Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

we stayed 3 nights at the Adina in Berlin few minutes walk from checkpoint charlie, cant fault the hotel it was spotless, the rooms were quite large with microwave and kettle.
if i have one negative although there were plenty of choices for breakfast including smoked salmon, the bacon and eggs were never really hot just barely lukewarm.
i would recommend this hotel for families and couples.

Room Tip: we were in 505 very quiet - the hotel is situated on a side street so its quiet no matter which roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends