“Almost perfect”

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #19 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

What a nice memory to live here. We stayed here for 3 nights, very good experience.

The living room , kitchen, bathroom and bedroom...all of them with nice equipment. It's just like a warm and beautiful home in Berlin, the service is good as well.

Everything is fine except for Internet. It's a little expensive.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ABHBSchmid, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Doriskk1977,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely comments. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you also for the constructive feedback - I am very happy to announce that we will extend our internet options as of the 13th of March 2014 and all checked in rooms will have 30 minutes free internet during their stay with us. Internet in our restaurant and hotel lobby remains free.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sinaida Schnid | Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is about 700 metres from the main Berlin station (Haupbahnhof) so you can walk quite comfortably if you have a wheely luggage as it is fairly flat the whole way.

There is not much around the actual hotel itself but with a little bit of short travel via public transport, you can get to many major Berlin attractions such as the Tiergarten and the Reichtstag.

The room was lovely, it was cosy and I really like how it felt like a proper apartment with a kitchenette, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine (great if you have been travelling and need to wash some clothes) dryer, ipod dock radio etc. The bed was quite comfortable.

The hotel has a lovely indoor pool, a sauna and a well equipped gym for a small-ish hotel.

The only downside is that it can get warm in the room at night and if you leave the window open, it gets a bit noisy from the construction across the road (maybe that has to do with the way our room was facing).

Wifi is available in the lobby and the staff were friendly.

Do not go to the italian restaurant a couple of doors down because it was not good!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jay_Dhillon
ABHBSchmid, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Jay_Dhillon,

The Team at Adina Apatment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahhof are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thourogh and positive feedback. We also have rooms facing our Innercourt Yard. Across the courtyard are only offices which close from 5 pm - sleeping with an open window should be absolutely fine. Please let us know when you plan to place a booking with us and we will allocate a lovely Courtyard apartment or Studio.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sinaida Schmid | General Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were a family of six adults and stayed in a three bedroom apartment. The apartment was lovely, really well furnished and clean. Plenty of seating for us all and we could comfortably sit in the living room after a long day of sightseeing. The pool was very nice and it was great to have a swim after a long day of walking. One small issue was the Wifi, you need to get passwords from reception continually as the wifi only lasts for a short time and sometimes reception became irritated at having to give them out (with six adults four of them teenagers we did need a lot of passwords). The bar downstairs was a great place for evening drinks however it was a bit understaffed and the waiting time could take awhile as the bartender also had to serve the restaurant. I would recommend a bit more staff in this area. Otherwise we had a great stay and would stay here again if we return to Berlin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ABHBSchmid, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear 698kazza1964,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback – we are very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that not only our team, our spacious apartments but also the service assisted in making your stay a very pleasant one! It would be nice to welcome you back in Berlin or in one of our other Adina properties in Australia, New Zealand or Europe!

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Can't speak highly enough about the hotel. Excellent location; about 10min walk from Berlin Hauptbahnhof/Central Station, 20min walk to Brandenburg Gate, 5min walk to local amenities & taxi rank. Staff pleasant and helpful. Decor classy & contemporary, and the facilities used (swimming pool/sauna) were extremely well maintained; lockers, robes & towels provided. We stayed in an apartment room; large bathroom, kitchenette, living area, bedroom. The room was stylish & well appointed, a home from home. The only downside was the cost of the wi-fi (I believe 16e per day), but as my partner had free roaming with their mobile plan this didn't matter much. That aside I would happily return to hotel & recommend to others.

Room Tip: Corner apartment room on one of the higher floors, faced into the courtyard, very peaceful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PJL1981,

We are delighted to read your feedback and we are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay in Berlin. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely and kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stay for 2 nights. It's nearby Berlin train station. (if you have a lot of luggages, you should take a cab cost you around 8-10 EURO.) Or you can walk directly there about 10-15 mins.

The hotel front desk are all super helpful and friendly. Speedy check in. There is a gym and pool right on the ground floor. Breakfast also on the ground level. It offers, all type of hot teas, fresh salmon, eggs, sausages, ham, bread, bread roll, freshly cut fruits, boil eggs, scramble eggs, water, and few different juices. It's not bad for this price. I paid Euro 89 for a studio with breakfast. Value for money.

As for the room it's very spacious and clean. It has a fully well equipped kitchen, dinning and cooking amenities. Microwaves. I bought some dinner back and just heat them up at night. Very convenience. There is a small living room with sofa with a TV. Also another TV in the sleeping area with two big mirror store for cloths, iron board. Bathroom and toilet are perfectly clean. The room temperature was just perfect and very quiet. The window curtain can totally block out the sunlight. For those who loves to sleep in dark. This hotel fit you well.

I didn't use the in room wifi because I bought an O2 sim card for my iPhone, so i can turn on my personal hotspot and the connection was very good.

Surrounding the hotel is pretty quiet at night and very busy in the morning and afternoon. There is a taxi rack just 10 seconds walk. However, the hotel can call you a taxi easily. From this hotel to TXL airport take you 20 mins (off peak hour) and it costs 28-30 Euro.

Overall, I have had a very pleasant stays and thank you for all the staff and housekeeper made my journey smooth. (especially the front desk German guy who speaks Chinese)

I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SPG Platinum W

Dear HyattDiamond,

The Team at Adina Apatment Hotel Berlin Hauptbahhof are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thourogh positive feedback

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Truly, the wifi issue needs resolving - it's SUCH a blight on an otherwise perfect set up!
The reasons people need their wifi are varied and much more than 'just an internet/facebook addiction. I needed 24/7, not just wanted it.
One charge of €15 would have caused me to raise my eyebrows but I'd have paid it and forgotten because everything else is just SO fabulous!!
I am here for 5 days and it is such an enjoyable, comfortable experience (wifi experience excluded!!)
The Reception staff are just fabulous - to name one or two isn't fair so please, all of you, take a bow and be very proud of your faultless service. Just as an example, they found me an excellent Podiatrist, made the appointment, called me a taxi and then........; the Podiatrist didn't have a number for a Taxi so she rang Reception at Adina and voila (sorry wrong language) a Taxi arrived to take me safely 'home'. They found me a Private Tour Guide because I had a mobility issue and, when they thought the first one was too expensive, they looked further and discovered one they believed was better value - just nothing was too much trouble for this fabulous team!!
The Rooms? - everyone's described them accurately!!
Spotlessly clean,
extremely well appointed,
spacious,
fridge (with a good freezer),
fabulous bathroom - clean and fresh, excellent water pressure and temperature maintenance in shower too,
extremely comfortable bed and bedding,
great cupboard space,
double glazing meant quiet and peaceful....
Have I forgotten anything? - if so, take it as read that it was excellent!!
Oh - the Restaurant food is fabulous and reasonably priced - check out the 'Super Food Salad' - it's cited as a 'healthy option' but don't let that deter you - it's delicious - a culinary delight - fabulous textures.... Try it!
Thanks Adina. Great experience. I feel sure you will soon resolve 'that 'liddle wifi issue' so I can stay here again when next in Berlin.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Robyn F

Dear Robyn F,

Thank you very much for taking your time to provide us with your valued feedback.
I do apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the internet usage. Please rest assured that we are working on a longterm solution to improve our services in that area. Furthermore, I am delighted to read your thorough comments about the hotel, service and food. I am very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I will make sure this is shared with the hotel Team.

It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I did not want to leave our lovely room! The staff at the reception desk were the Best! We enjoyed their smiles and the cookies every time we walked out or into this hotel. The only flaw was not having coffee and cream available in the room every morning but, we knew if we called, they would have been right up to fulfill our needs! We did not have breakfast in the hotel-a bit too pricey, but there is a nice and clean bakery just around the corner that serves a lovely breakfast for less than 5 euro-Perfect for an American. lol

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dawn D,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback – we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that not only our fantastic apartment, our lovely team but as well our cookies assisted in making your stay a very pleasant one. Thank you for pointing out that the coffee and cream was not filled up consistently - I have passed this on to my team and it should not happen again!

Dear Dawn D, thank you once again for your kind review and we are looking forward welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Berlin.