“Made my day”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Atop the Europa Center just off the Ku-dam
Reviewed 19 June 2013

So relaxing. No clothes, big salty pool. Many saunas, one which you will want to sleep in, steam rooms, outdoor areas. really like this place.

And it's not pretentious at all. Loved it. Go.

3  Thank MazenKh

Reviewed 2 February 2013

In Germany and on the Continent it is possible to be naked at spas without problems. This means that it is possible to clean and sweat the body properly. In fact bathing costumes are verboten!! In the UK (unhygienic as usual) costumes are compulsory.

So this naturist Spa on the roof top of the Europa Centre was a great find. We took our own towels (from our hotel) and had Japanese yukatas - so we avoided the fees for towels and robes. The steam rooms and saunas and plunge pools and massage pools were great. The large swimming pool was deep enough for a proper swim. It was almost possible to swim to the very edge of the roof top and look down at the Christmas Market in the streets below.

BUT we found the other folk there including the staff to be VERY unfriendly.

ALL loungers by the poolside had towels on marking 'ownership' despite notices asking folks not to do this.

I got severely lectured - in German which I can't speak - for lying on a towel on a sauna bench. The sauna was empty so there was room. I still don't know he was grumbling about.

They have special aromatic rituals in the saunas. For these visitors get asked to leave, and if they stay are made to feel unwelcome. I presume because these are extras to be paid for.

And importantly there are no drinking water fountains anyway except in the restaurant / bar. When I complained to a member of staff about the lack of water he said to drink the water in the shower!!

I understand that there are better spas in and around Berlin.

P.S. The website is all in German, however if you email them they'll send back a PDF brochure in English.

13  Thank Chris2006
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This looked allright online, but actually it was a bit grubby and needed some TLC. It wasn't expensive 17.50 euros. There were steambaths, saunas, jacuzzi and pools. A really interesting mix of people

6  Thank MichaelH62
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I discovered this place after one year living in Berlin, and I wish I went to these Thermen before! The location is great, really close to the Zoo. The place is big: probably 8 saunas (some outside) and several cold and hot pools. They offer a 4h reduced ticket from 20:00 to 24:00 from Monday to Saturday, and from 18:00 to 21:00 on Sunday; it costs €15 (€13 for students).

3  Thank TRAchiaraVEL
Reviewed 4 July 2012

In Sweden we have soo many spa's on the hotels and especially in my hometown so I have visited quite a few. This spa was really ok for it's price :) like 15 Eur in enterence fee and about 5 Eur to lend a nice bathrobe. There were different pools, big and small, warm and cold, inside and outside. Like four different saunas and sun beds. Nothing fancy with massage pools, but for it's price really good. There is also a café serving warm and cold food with drinks. Really nice staff.

One thing - be aware that you are supposed to be naked during your stay in the thermal spa, if you aren't a child or participating in the water gymnastics. We weren't informed until we got in, so if you are shy you might not enjoy it since it's both for men and women.

8  Thank MikeyCarlzon