“A-ROSA River Cruise”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“A-ROSA River Cruise”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've cruised on just about every river cruise line over the past 10 years, and just returned from sailing on A-Rosa Cruise Line ship Stella in southern France for 7 days. They're new to the North American market, and they have definitely raised the bar for river cruising. If you're considering a river cruise, take into consideration that A-Rosa is ALL-INCLUSIVE. Great excursions, transfers (airport/train pickup & taxi back), free Wi-Fi and an OPEN BAR (from 10am-1am) are included in the cruise price. And open bar isn't just wine & beer, but includes whiskies, brandy, cognac, liqueurs and cocktails. :)
Just for the heck of it, I saved MOST my bar and excursion receipts and they added up to a savings of $685.08.
Aside from the great price, the ship is lovely, the service is great, and the food is excellent!
I can't wait to sail on AROSA again!

60 Thank deer649

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Viking River Cruise: Waterways of the Tsars”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our third voyage with Viking and the best yet. We were concerned before departure that the rather elderly Russian boat might not be up to the standard of the newer Viking Longships, but we were very impressed by the refurbishment done in 2013. Our stateroom, with balcony, was perfectly big enough, with good storage and comfortable bed. Everything was immaculately clean. The staff without exception were very friendly and eager to please. The excursions, both included and optional, were very well organised; early starts meant that we were first into the major tourist sites in Moscow and St Petersburg. Talks given by the Russian tour guides were very interesting. The food was superb, always at the right temperature with plenty of choice. The regional specialities were much appreciated. Wine or beer is included at lunch and dinner, and this was supplied generously. As the Maitre D' said "Have more, you're not driving"! We strongly recommend Viking. We have already booked our cruise for 2015.

16 Thank Battlers
Christchurch, New Zealand
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Viking River Cruise”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have just completed a seven day river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam. We enjoyed the cruise very much. The staff on board were fantastic. Very patient and helpful. The onshore excursions were good although some of the guides were a bit wordy. The food as a whole was excellent. Loved the New York Steak.

7 Thank Lino L
melbourne,australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“River cruise with AMA Waterways. Boat was AMA DOLCE”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a two week river cruise starting from Paris, travelling mainly through German cities and ending in Budapest. We have done a lot of cruises in the past, but this was our first river cruise. We paid upmarket prices for what turned out to be downmarket offerings. To begin with, the cabins were so small it was difficult for two people to comfortably move around. The quality of the food was average to poor. Outside of meal times, one had to pay for drinks, even soft drinks. I noted that some guests slipped money into the hands of waiting staff who the hovered around them for the whole trip but neglected those not into bribing but prepared to give an appropriate tip at the end of the trip. There seemed to be little supervision of the way waiting staff behaved.
Land tours from the boat varied in quality but were poorly organised eg. In Nuremberg we arrived on a Tuesday when the courts were closed. We were often out of synch with festivals at the time and apart from two tour guides, the remainder were very average.
I can recommend anyone doing this river cruise with this compjany.

10 Thank williamhart
Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lord Byron - Basle to Cologne Rhine River Cruise”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We are just back from a wonderful holiday on the Lord Byron. The crew excel themselves and do everything they can to ensure you have a memorable trip on their ship. The only thing I would change when booking again is I would save some money and not book a suite next time. You dont spend a lot of time in your cabin too many interesting sights to see. Before I departed the ship I looked at all cabins and any would have suited my needs. This was my first trip but I am certain it willnot be my last.

5 Thank GlasgowElly