“Great location and room”

Karlito Apartmenthaus
Ranked #22 of 187 Berlin B&B and Inns
Castelldefels, Spain
“Great location and room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very near restaurants and lively area, with very convenient bar downstairs for breakfast or a drink in the evening. Perfect size for the apartment with free wifi and good price. My friends recomended it to me and I'll definitely go back there next time!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Lynmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Yep - Great spot with easy walking and cycling access to main areas of interest. Apartments were very clean, had all facilities in place and had a nice sense of space about them.
The downstairs cafe staff were extremely smiley and helpful and although the lady who serviced the apartments spoke no English....(and ashamedly our German is not existant) we managed to converse through sign language and smiles.
Great spot in central Berlin.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dottydarling
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

As I wanted to combine work and leisure in Berlin, I needed a good and simple place with good desk to work. Via a friend I learned about Karlito, which is located very central in Berlin. I needed to receive some people, so the place had to be suitable. I booked a room via email. They people from Karlito are very friendly and helpful and when arriving, they went out of their way to get my room clean for me in time to receive my first visitors. Wifi was free and during the day I was able to get everything done I had set out to do.
I would recommend anyone this lovely place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NoorLeb
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Recommended by Rick Steves Germany 2010; then booked based on the reviews at Tripadvisor. I confirmed a reservation by email, easy and friendly correspondence. We stayed 3 nights. Our room was clean, spacious, comfortable and felt like we were Berlin locals.

One thing to mention is the convenient location to the U2 and U8 stops, both are very close and made transferring onto S-Bahn and U-Bahns very easy! We were delighted at the central nature of the apartment.

A delight in the mornings was the breakfast at Cafe Lois, the prices were very affordable, and the breakfast sandwich was so delicious! Our arrival into Berlin was a very cold day, and I enjoyed a cup of Ginger team which was amazing. They sliced ginger root chunks into hot water, and added honey.

There was no front desk, but the cafe employees were very helpful and friendly. Checked out easily via cafe.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hellorenee
Burlington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here for four nights and found this nice apartment through Trip Advisor and chose it based on the reviews we read. We were not disappointed! The apartment was bright and spacious as well as quite clean and comfortable. The location was great -- a short walk to the vibrant Hackescher Markt and not far from major Berlin sites. As other reviewers have pointed out, you will need to get keys, make inquiries and pay the final bill at the Café Lois on the corner of Linienstraße and Gormannstraße where the apartment house is located.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Had a very enjoyable stay at the apartments.
You collect your keys from the cafe down the stairs, check in is at 2pm but if you are earlier than this you can leave your bags in the cafe.
The bed although it is in one frame is actually two single mattresses together with separate cover and duvet for each. The kitchen meets your need for a few days with plate’s glasses, etc.
The wi fi can be a little temperamental but if it is not working you can go down to the cafe to use the wi fi there.
There is a supermarket 5 mins up the road and there are many places around to eat. I would highly recommend good morning Vietnam which is just round the corner.
It is well located for transport links for both u bahn and trams.
There were some road works outside (September 2011) which were noisy in the morning but hopefully these won’t be there for long.
Over all a very good stay for a short break in Berlin.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kaycee90
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

My family of 3 stayed here for 2 nights. Convenient location. We walked with our luggage from the train station. There is a little cafe at the bottom, corner of the building. We arrived in the afternoon and could not figure out how to get in! After about 30 minutes of walking around the building my husband inquired in the cafe. The polite waitress asked, "Didn't you get the e-mail that said get the key from me?" We had not. We had a lovely little apartment, very clean. Also a little kitchenette which was nice. There was a bar on the opposite corner that was a little loud on one night but I used earplugs and was not bothered.

• Stayed August 2011