“Best atmosphere ever”
Review of Hostel Aloha

Hostel Aloha
Ranked #151 of 359 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The other guests and the staff made my holiday in Berlin unforgettable! Great location for sightseeing, eating and enjoying nightlife. Public transports and supermarket are just outside the door. Very good value for money

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Surely one of the best hostels i ve never been. Economic, for young people. The front of building is....horrible, but after it is so so cool, full of graffitis this hostel is...different. Good environment, nice staff, they will help you in all that you need. 5 minutes to Alexander Plaz, so the localitation is perfect. Breakfast include.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hidden away behind a shady looking door but such a little gem!! Stayed here quite recently for 4 days after finding it online and reading lots of positive reviews and I can't wait to return.

The whole place just has a very easy going, relaxed & friendly vibe which is what you want when staying in a hostel as it felt like staying at a friends house. Location is great, right near rosa-luxemburg platz and although there's no obvious signs it was pretty easy to find. It's also next to a convenience store which was open pretty late and near to a kebab shop that did great falafel!

The hostel was soo warm and clean. The bedding smelt freshly washed and the bathrooms were always clean. It's encouraged that you help clean the bathroom after you use it, mops are provided outside and it was great to see people respecting the hostel and keeping it tidy.

I only really encountered two members of staff, one was very quiet but friendly enough. We arrived a little early before check in but they made our beds up straight away which was good and were happy to help with our bags. Free tea & coffee is also available 24 hours with biscuits and cereal, juices and toast is free in the mornings until 1pm which is good if travelling on a budget. wifi was also free and worked fine in most areas which is also a relief. There were alot of people living there so everyone seemed to know eachother and cooked and offered food out which was nice, everyone I encountered was really friendly.

I wish I would have stayed here longer or not been so hungover so I could have got to know people better. Can't wait to return, I will book nowhere else. :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

awesome host, maybe the best that i have been. Great atmosphere, the staff very friendly and available to help all the time and also the guest.
the localization is nice close to metro station. in resume everything is good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have never forgotten this hostel. The staffs and owner make the place so friendly, they are open mind. My only regret was I had stayed a few days and I didnt enjoy the amazing Berlin as I'd like to because I've remained most of the time in the hostel... Free breakfast and good location. ps actually I stayed in 10/2011

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Okay so the buiding did look dodgy but honestly the hostel is so worth the four story climb. It was filled with really interesting people and was surprisingly cleaning with a very relaxed mood. The guys who run it are super nice and helpful. Plus such a bonus that it has a kitchen with a whole load of free food. I would 100% go back, it was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The first time I visited Berlin I was on my own and when I turned up at the ajar door to a dark corridor to Hostel Aloha the only thought running through my head was 'what have I done?'. Two flights (or so) up and I stepped into the hostel itself and immediately breathed a sigh of relief! It was warm and colourful, the staff were nice and showed me to my room. There are fairly large lockers, computers, wifi, bathrooms are pretty clean. I spent a very hungover day watching cartoons in the projector room picking from the dvd collectioon when I stayed. Everyone is really helpful and welcoming. The group was taken to a few bars in Berlin and I also made sushi with people there! Super chilled! There is a big Rewe supermarket 5 mins walk away and a vietnamese restaurant even closer - does really cheap vegan food

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo