“Consistantly Perfect”

COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #57 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Consistantly Perfect”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Busy Trade Fair Time in Berlin, good deals difficult to come by. Cosmo was the best choice yet again. Slightly increased rates for the IFA trade show, but still reasonable. My requested room not being available, the third upgrade to a junior suite in as many visits. Again, wonderful accommodation impeccable service , friendly and helpful front desk staff. A very thoughtful and much appreciated addition to in room service is the provision of a coffee maker. For the duration of the stay the cartridges are not replenished (which I regard as a little bit on the cheap side) but the added convenience of an early morning in room coffee is jus t great

Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed a total of nine nights at the Cosmo Hotel during a recent fortnight's travel in Germany. My experience was pleasant in every way. Staff were friendly, cheerful, helpful. My non-smoking room was quiet and comfortable and offered a view of a small neighborhood park across the street.
The hotel location is terrific: I walked to Museuminsel, to the Kulturforum, to the Brandenburg Gate and Tiergarten, all with ease. (I'm a walker.) The bus, which runs frequently, stops a minute's walk from the hotel; a subway station is across the wide street. I recommend the restaurant at the hotel. Service is gracious; food is delicious, healthful, fairly priced. I took dinner there on five evenings and I treated myself to the full buffet breakfast twice. Offerings were exceptional. All this being said, can you understand why I would leap at the chance to return?

Room Tip: I requested a quiet, non-smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed here 4 nights at Cosmo. Is near Spittelmarkt Ubahn station, close to Alexanderplatz.
Very clean room, good price. The bad was a little bit too soft :D
The room was at 6th floor, very quiet and a nice view

Room Tip: Ask for a room above 5th floor, it's quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schumyyy
India
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I can't even imagine staying anywhere else in Berlin next time I go there. Cosmo is located in Mitte which means middle in German and this property is really bang in the middle of everything. The rooms are superb, chic and clean. What more can one ask for. Gerndarmemarkt is a 5 minute walk away and so is the Metro. Most convenient and comfortable hotel for a top class city like Berlin.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We have spent two nights at Cosmo, overall it was a good experience.

Pros :
- Excellent location, next to Spittelmarkt U-Bahn station, walking distance to St. Nicholas quarter and Museum Island
- Large room, stylish, comfortable, with plenty of amenities (bathrobe, slippers..)
- Good breakfast, nice selection of 100% organic food

Cons:
- Internet not free in the room, need to go down in the lobby
- Room temperature difficult to adjust (temperature not shown)
- Room not completely dark at night due to lack of curtains
- Could hear street noise in spite of double glazing

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Otherguru
Europe
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this great property. One of the few hotels I stayed this year that truly stands out. If I only I could, I would give it 4.5 stars. For business travellers like me that happen to me in dozens of new hotels every year, there is always something in a hotel that does not meet expectations. Either the room, or the service, or the food. And here almost everything was right. First, the reception staff was incredibly helpful (if I only I remembered the name to give her a public praise) in helping my group to find restaurants according to our tastes and make reservations. Second, the room and bathroom were large, well appointed and clean. Finally, I had an EXCELLENT dinner at the restaurant in the lobby area: the Wiener Schnitzel was a masterpiece. I was surprised that we were only 3-4 people eating at that excellent restaurant.

Why 4 stars instead of 5. For 3 reasons that might not be relevant to everybody

1) There was no writing desk in my room, though large. I had to work while sitting on the sofa. You quickly get tired after some time...
2) I was not able to make the room completely dark for the night...not a big problem for me, but might be an issue for some
3) The laundry was not collected in the room and found it in the middle of the room as I left it in the morning..

Overall, I definitely would like to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I highly recommend this to all hotels convenient to the strategic points of the city.
Cozy, clean and above all silent.
I am also grateful for the utmost warmth and kindness of the staff.
A wonderful experience to be repeated

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family