COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte
US$79
US$103
US$84
1,056 results
All reviewsspittelmarkt u bahn stationcorner roomdesign hotelmuseum islandfloor to ceiling windowsbusy roadmain roadwithin walking distancedeluxe roomgreat designbig bathroomnice hotelrooms are modernbed was very comfortablelovely roomminute walkconvenient location
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at The Cosmo is September and found the stay to be very satisfying and good value for money. First, the staff is really to be commended for their professionalism. Everybody at The Cosmo was friendly, professional, helpful, reasonable and completely understands what it means to be in the hospitality industry. Though we never made any unusual requests, we never heard the word "no" for any of the things we asked for, be it hot water in a pot at 4am, help with making a restaurant booking or a bag of ice to put on a minor injury. The hotel is in very good shape, overall. Most rooms are spacious enough and the hotel has the expected amenities. While it's not located in the trendiest part of the city, The Cosmo is a short walk from several decent restaurants and coffee shops, and is literally across a U-bahn stop along the often-used U2 line. The only issue we had with the hotel is that their airconditioning doesn't work. This is fine during the cooler months as an open window is actually quite nice for cooling and fresh air, but I can imagine how this would be an issue during the warm summer months.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the big fountain in the back, if possible. These are quieter rooms and provide a decent view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Cosmo is located just opposite spittelmarkt U bahn station. The hotel is new and sleek. We had a deluxe corner room on the 8th floor,The room was very spacious and had full sized windows with a good view.They have a different system of airconditioning which could not cool the room to the desired temperature.Despite complaining nothing could be done. We were there for three nights, but for the aircon everything else was fine. Staff is courteous and helping. They keep a jar full of chilled water with lemon wedges in the lobby and it is very refreshing.The location is not an ideal one ,in fact staying in Alexanderplatz is a better option.

Room Tip: pick a corner room on higher floors
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and me were free upgraded to a Junior Suite. The room was big and very clean. My family could even play games in my room together.
Breakfast was nice with variety of choices. Service was fast and good.

One thing super disappointed me - when I arrived the hotel to check in. There was no staff in the front office. Few minutes later, a lady who I just saw out of the hotel smoking there came. SHE WAS THE FRONT OFFICE STAFF! I am okay with staff smoking, this is their choice. But should they smoke far away from the hotel or at least somewhere I cant see?

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I can't say enough about the hotel staff. This was my first visit to Berlin and they were over and above accommodating and helpful. From arriving late in the evening they made me a meal even though the kitchen was closed for the night. To bringing me buckets of ice for an ice bath after the marathon. The door man was a plethora of knowledge and information. Top notch people!!

The room was very nicely appointed, with lots of great windows. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. And the bathroom was very large with a great shower.

The hotel is right across the street from the Spittelmarkt U Bahn station and is unbelievably easy to get to and from any place in the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We had a deluxe corner room on the 8th floor. The room was so spacious, clean and comfortable. I love the big windows. I was impressed with the size of the bathroom. The hotel staff was so friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is very close to a U Bahn station and its within walking distance to some of the sights like Checkpoint Charlie and Friedrichstraße (shopping). For the other sights we took the U Bahn to get around. Even though it was not in the middle of the touristy area like some other hotels, it was so easy to get anywhere with the U Bahn station right outside the hotels door. For the days we were in Berlin it was a great choice because we arrived the day of the Berlin marathon and had the hotel been too close to the crowds of people there for the marathon I wouldve been annoyed. It was close to the sights yet far enough away that I didnt have to deal with the crowds there for the marathon. I was alittle disappointed that I had to go down to the hotel bar to get free wifi. There is wifi in the room but you have to pay. While we were there, the weather was beautiful, a little hot. The air conditioning in the room wasnt the greatest. We opened the windows at night and that helped a lot. I didnt have a problem with any noise coming in from the street even though the hotel is on a busy road. Berlin was just one stop on this vacation and I have to say, this hotel was one of my favorites. If you will be in Berlin, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple