COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte
US$84
US$127
US$108
1,056 results
All reviewsspittelmarkt u bahn stationcorner roomdesign hotelmuseum islandfloor to ceiling windowsbusy roadmain roadwithin walking distancedeluxe roomgreat designbig bathroomnice hotelrooms are modernbed was very comfortablelovely roomminute walkconvenient location
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Hotel is located close to just about everything you want to see and do in Berlin. Excellent service, nice and welcoming lobby with a good bar. The breakfast was also very good, good idea with long breakfast hours Saturday and Sunday (7-14). Nice and accommodating staff, always very helpful. All in all - an excellent stay!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gustaf B
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for a Conference and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Angela handled my reservation by email and she was lovely and so helpful in making my booking. My room was so spacious and there was a lovely welcome note from Angela with a welcome drink and a little box of sweets!! I loved the Cosmo Hotel and my bed was so comfortable with a beautifully bright and spacious bathroom. Breakfast was buffet style with hot requests by order from the very nice breakfast waitresses.

Lovely staff and my say Nico the gentlemen working during the evening was always smiling and so warm on welcoming me to Cosmo.

When I come back to Berlin Cosmo will be the place I stay and it is also in a fantastic location!

Room Tip: Hang out in the Lobby for a drink as there is also free wifi!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zak W
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The room was lovely, new and modern design, very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. They allowed us a late checkout immediately upon request. Nespresso coffee and water complementary in the room. The area was quite, with a U station right across the street. 5 minute walk from the center.
Only complaint is the Wi-Fi is not free of charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeulaF
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Everything is relative - and in the case of the Cosmo Hotel, in another city this rating could have been a 4 or 5. But Berlin is flush with great hotels that are pretty well priced. I chose Cosmo on a recommendation and as the subject says, it was okay.

The rooms are beautiful and super clean though the shower seems to have that steady hot water problem usually found in tiny SE Asian hotels with limited plumbing technology - moving from luke-warm to skin scorching hot. And the design is obviously for looks instead of function.

The staff are pleasant enough but their local knowledge is significantly overstated on their website: "The COSMO concierge is your connection to the local scene and recommends to you the hottest restaurants, bars and clubs in town." When I asked for a recommendation for lunch I was told simply to walk down to the square down the street. When asked about a place serving good beer and sausages I was directed to the supremely touristy Bavarian restaurant Maximilians when the supremely terrific Das Meisterstück is only 400 meters from the hotel.

At one point while I was gathering my things in my room to leave a man simply walked right in. Surprised he said "Oh, check stock of bar?" I said, "Sure." and he proceeded to do his work and leave the room. I shortly followed him out and overheard him joking with his workmate about what had transpired, even mocking my "sure" response. Not sure if it is the standard habit of employees to walk into guests rooms without knocking or not bother apologising but it was a nice representation of the service here - efficient, though not friendly.

The location is indeed central as they say on the site. But Spittelmarkt itself has absolutely nothing going for it and you'll need to get away from the hotel to feel any form of exciement about Berlin - a city that is quite easy to get excited about.

For €150 +/- there are lots of great options in Berlin. Personally, I'd choose another next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank crox40
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a lovely room at this well-situated hotel. Our room was spacious and we had no real complaints. [though I thought the mattress sagged a bit]. The staff was quite helpful. We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we had read quite pricey [tho good]; there are plenty of places nearby. Indeed, the more luxurious area is less than a 10-minute walk and this was quieter. One big complaint--a few days before going, I found a lower rate on the hotel's website. We checked in [we did not think we would be able to check at that time--just drop our bags off, as we had arrived early] and headed out immediately. We showed the paperwork afterwards and they would not make an adjustment as we had already checked in! If we had known, we would have just left the bags...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple