“Overall good stay”

Ranked #57 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Overall good stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Cosmo on NYE for 3 nights and had a comfortable stay. The room was nice and full of light and by choice intimate. Just loved the big windows and looking outside from bed. The restaurant was also very nice and breakfast was good.
A big plus is the hotel's location, with very good accesibility. Staff was helpfull and polite. It was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoreLoreLoreLore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this has to be up in the top 5 of my favourite.
Very modern and clean and pretty well located too.

Love it that it has wooden floors - SO much more hygienic than carpets!
Love all the modern lamps, seating etc. All really well thought out.

The corner room is a good size.

The bathroom with separate rain shower is amazing.
Bath is huge and VERY clean - Like I said, I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is only the third time I've ever used a bath as I think they are generally icky!

Didn't go to breakfast as bed was just TOO comfortable so I slept in as late as possible!

Would I stay here again?

Without a doubt -YES!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank catblackcat
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was travelling on business and only stayed for one night but I couldn't have picked a better place. Unbelievably helpful staff, very comfortable beds and clean modern rooms. I would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Berlin!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Can walk to fab restaurants and sights like Checkpoint Cahrlie plus only across road from station. Staff were great and told us the best restaurants, bars and clubs to go to so we had a really amazing time. We loved it!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Very nice hotel with top of the line service. We loved our room and the bed was comfortable, the rooms are all soundproof and it was quiet during nights. Good location close to everything and with the subway just across the street. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: All beds are great and the staff is very service minded. WiFi costs 6,5€ per day.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter226
Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel is in a very good location, opposite U2 underground station and only take me less than 30minutes to ICC Messe Berlin (convention centre). With the U2 line, I can technically go everywhere very easily. And what I like very much is, it is not on the busiest street (so it is quiet and nice) but I can walk to a few key attractions close-by.

The hotel itself is hip in design. The room is spacious and the bed is big and mattress heavenly. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast has good selection and if they have smoked salmon in the cold cut section (since I do not eat meat but fish okay), it will make my day. As you can see from the title if my review, if they can offer free in-room WiFi (now EUR6.50 for 24 hours), it will be a perfect stay. They do offer free WiFi at the lobby level but nowadays, for this type of hotel, I would prefer them to increase the room rate by EUR5 but in-room WiFi included for the convenience.

Room Tip: Sign up with the free Design Hotel membership and you may get a free room upgrade
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Mitte area is really the only place to stay in Berlin. Central to everything, there are beautiful buildings and quiet streets about. With 70% of Berlin destroyed in WW2 it is inevitable that the scars remain despite modernisation and replacements. The city remains fragmented with modern building hugging old buildings; while there is physical continuity I felt something was lacking. This was less obvious in parts of Mitte. Having said all of that, it still is an intriguing place to visit and I visited some lovely restaurants and locations. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Third Reich walking tour conducted by the irrepressible ex British Army major, Nigel Dunkley, of Insider Tour, which I am reviewing separately. Supposedly of four hour duration, that rapidly became six hours; not to be missed.
The hotel was excellent; architecturally very modern but pleasing. Room and bed and facilities were excellent; spotless throughout. Highly recommended. The staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful; a delight to behold. One issue though; the gentleman behind the bar was unhelpful and rude. I grudgingly was given one drink on the first night after first being questioned if I was just having one; on my last night I arrived in at 11.10 pm, the only customer in the bar. Got my drink but when I sought another one at 11.30 I was smartly told that the bar was closed. When I stated that I was a guest in the hotel, I was told the bar was closed to everyone. I considered the gentleman to be surly, abrupt, rude, dismissive and had absolutely no inter-personal skills whatsoever. I am sorry to have to state this but I was furious at the way I was treated. It would not deter me, however, from returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple