“Clean, efficient, helpful staff”

B&B Hotel Berlin-Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #184 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have stayed here for 2 nights during a citytrip with a group of 3 persons, excellent as we all had single beds and the room was spacious and not too noisy as we were facing the front. Don't forget to book the all you can eat breakfast one day in advance ! we wanted to have breakfast on Sundaymorning as we didnt book and were denied as the hotel was very busy. The staff is very helpful with information and speaks good English. The hotel looks good with the Ampelman decoration and bright colors, a recommanded place to stay for a citytrip Berlin !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Good place to sleep between busy days in Berlin. 20 minutes' walking from the Brandenburger Tor, 4 minutes away from the U-Bahn.

Excellent insulation on the windows to keep the noise from the street away.

Some idiot before us had smoked in the room, enclosing the smoke detector in a plastic bag.

You can leave your luggage in a locker by the hotel entrance. The fee is 1 or 2 euros. If the trunk doesn't fit, they will take it behind the reception desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MartinPP
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Our party was of 5 people, all woman, in 2 rooms, a double and a triple room. Both the rooms were very very clean and comfortable, small but for 3 nights at that price they were ok.
The bathroom was nice, clean and with a big shower. The towels were only 2 (for each of us) in three days and a little too small and they didn't changed it. I don't know, maybe if we had throwed it on the floor the staff could have changed it. But this wasn't really a problem.
The breakfast was enjoable, with toasts, cured meats, fromages, yoghurt, jam, chocolate, fruit juices, boiled eggs and fresh fruit.
The breakfast room is not so big, but it doesn't matter: I think that all the philosphy of this hotels is no-frills, but there is all you need at a good price, in a very central position of the city.
The underground is 5 minutes away (remember at night to take the Postdamer strasse exit, because on the other side you could find prostitutes), and there is also a bus stop at 1 minute walk. The street it's big and well-lighted, no problem to walk there also at 2am.
You pay as soon as you arrive, so you don't need to check-out, only leave the room by 12am.
You have a code for each room to open the front door and your room door, so you don't have to carry keys.
All in all, a very convenient stay, I liked it a lot, and I enjoyed Berlin a lot!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank mamy2k4
Reviewed 12 September 2013

B&B is, as always, exactly what it claims to be: A cheap hotel and clean hotel, with the most essential services, ex.breakfast and wi-fi.
We are a family of 4, and the family room were perfect for our stay-over i Berlin.
Can't recommend to stay at B&B for a week, but for a few days, you will live in the middle of Berlin, at a fine hotel with nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thomaskrag
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Naturally you can find posher and better located places to stay for a visit in Berlim.
We have chosen this hotel due to its previous good critics, for being a recent hotel and mostly for being a reliable hotel with an affordable price within our budget for a 5-night stay in Berlim this August. We always had a smile from the front desk staff. The room was very clean with basic but suitable furniture, a comfortable bed and good noise insulation either from outside as from inside.
A/C, flat-screen TV, free wi-fi; good water pressure.
The breakfast set-up can get a bit congested but it is ok. A good variety and fast product replacement.
Less than 1 km walking from Sony Centre. There's a metro station (Kurfurstenstrasse) just a block away and 2 supermarkets for basic shopping (water, snacks for the day).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artemisia30
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room was relatively clean and the bed was decent enough but the walls were far too thin. I was being kept awake by the guy in the next room with his snoring. Reception closes far too early. If you are arriving late you have to check in using a computer. I prefer to be checked inn by a person rather than a computer. The car park was full so we had to park in the street. Our car was scratched by someone on one evening. I know this is not the fault of the hotel but I wonder if this is the safest street to be on. The prostitute street is only around the corner so I imagine it isn't.

If you are on a budget then this place could be for you. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy_Kuba
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is run on similar lines to the Motel One chain, but this is an old building. I wasn't expecting anything special because of the low room rate, but was pleasantly surprised. I asked for a quiet room but I booked at quite short notice and so was given a room on the front of the building but on the top (7th floor). It was a large cheerfully decorated room with air conditioning, a nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately the room did smell of cigarettes, which I didn't like, and I could hear the traffic outside until the early hours. However, my friend had a room on the 2nd floor at the rear and it was very peaceful. I believe the hotel put me on the 7th floor because of my request for quiet, but it happened to be a smoking floor. In spite of this it was a positive experience and I would stay here again. It's very convenient for Potsdamer Platz, the Tiergarten and all public transport. I thought the breakfast was excellent value and perfectly adequate (cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, as well as cheese, meats, etc.) I especially liked the provision of lockers in the lobby for left luggage.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo