“Fantastic hotel, great location, excellent value...”
Review of Sir Savigny Hotel

Sir Savigny Hotel
Ranked #95 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We travelled here via the S-Bahn from the airport and it was a cheap, easy transfer (€3.20 each) to the hotel which is in brilliant location full of bars, restaurants, cafe's and points of interest. The hotel itself is extremely modern and 'minimalist' which is not only really tasteful but also very comfortable. The rooms are very clean, comfortable (beds are awesome for hotel beds) and inviting, the staff are very helpful and welcoming and I will be making a return here if / when I visit Berlin again. Our stay in this hotel has helped make our visit to Berlin Do not hesitate in staying in this hotel if yo are planning a trip to Berlin... 5*****

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We went to Berlin this winter and we found a hotel with very convenient location, well decorated, nice and neat.
Very good price... Except for the fact the rooms are a little bit small, all perfect.
I will go back.
Best
C

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights, we got a smart deal and jumped at the offer. I am happy to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself is small but very modern and chic.The bedrooms, really comfy.The staff were extremely nice and helpful. There is a lovely relaxing atmosphere in the hotel

I would highly recommend it as it is also very well located.
Ann Galway

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnH123123
SirSavigny, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Savigny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Fabulous sounds wonderful! Sir F.K. Savigny is pleased to read that you liked his mansion and that his hosts convinced you with their service. He sends you his best regards and hopes to seeing you soon again!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had a lovely stay here in Sir F.K Savigny Berlin. The location of the hotel was great. The train station (Savignyplaz) was just behind the hotel and neighborhood is absolutely lovely full of nice little cafes and restaurants. The staff were really friendly and helpful. We also had really nice room in top floor with lovely big windows. The hotel had a nice "look" and the lobby in downstairs were had a really good atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank paippi

Thank you very much for your so cordial words, Sir F.K. Savigny is more than happy!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

First of all, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed our interactions with them greatly. Overall style and look of the hotel and room is also fantastic. Location is great as well, close to good shopping, restaurants and the S-Bahn.

The breakfast was quite good, and was 12 euro if you "signed up" in advance. Only issue really was that the hot foods were set out early and weren't kept heated so most of the mornings the eggs and sausage were cold by the time I got down there (8:30 or so) which was disappointing. Quality and variety was good across the board though.

The bed linens and towels etc were in good shape and well cleaned. Room layout was spacious and functional. Overall pretty nice.

However, the bad things. The entire decoration layout is black and white. This leads to cleanliness issues showing up quickly. The white stone tile on the floor is filthy. All the little dimples were filled with dirt and made it look dingy. In my room there was a curtain to separate the sink from the bed since they are in close proximity. This curtain was dirty including blood stains. The black carpet was flecked with all sorts of dirty and debris and didn't look like it had been vacuumed nor got vacuumed during the 5 days I stayed there. We had 3 guys on a business trip staying in rooms in the hotel and we all had similar issues. Basically anything that wasn't like the towels or bedsheets that gets laundered regularly was dirty. We agreed it was "clean enough" but generally NOT very well cleaned. So the window shades/curtains, carpets, floors, and dividing curtain by the sink were all quite filthy if you looked at them at all.

The thing I found just ridiculous, though, only affected once night but was a serious issue. The last night I was staying at the hotel was a Saturday night. They apparently hosted a club night/dance night at the hotel. There was throbbing music that vibrated my whole room from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. Sorry, you are a HOTEL not a CLUB. No excuse for that!!

Room Tip: In case they do the club routine get a room away from the elevator shaft the conducted the noise, an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sdhotwn

Thank you very much for your time to send me your feedback! I am happy that you in general liked it very much here. However, I herewith would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused! My housekeeping fairys eliminated all from you described cleaning defects and I very uch hope that you accept our apologizes! For the sound intensity I very much apologize as well, this is indeed inexcusable and will not happen again. I very much hope to get a second chance from you and your colleagues as we would love to show you how magical it can be here! Let me know when you are back in Berlin!
Your Sir F.K. Savigny

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My Boyfriend and i stayed here for 2 nights in sept and it was a lovely base for our trip.
The hotel is based in the west of berlin, only 2minutes walk from savignyplatz station and around a 5min train ride into the city centre.

The hotel is lovely and modern, with good sized rooms and the most comfortable bed. It was very clean, the breakfast was faultless and the staff were polite and helpful. We were lucky enough to be in room 67 the only room with a balcony and great views across the city. The rooms had great facilities plus the used of a nespresso machine and free mini bar. The hotel had a great design feel and the reception area was a nice place to chill out if you wanted to. There is a bar if you fancy a cheeky drink in the evening and if your visiting during the warmer months the garden looked like a lovely place to relax after a long day in the city.

The Hotel is surrounded by plenty of restaurants and cafés plus it in a very popular shopping district. I would recommended this hotel for someone looking for a chic and relaxing stay in berlin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelbel84
SirSavigny, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Savigny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Sir F.K. Savigny feels happy about your words! He would love to welcoming you again in summer and enjoy his secret garden with you!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at Sir F.K Savigny for a week. I was amazed how easy it was getting to this hotel. From TXL you can take X9 bus to the Zoologischer Garten Station (or for U2 fans Zoo Station) and then take S-bahn (S7), one stop to Savingyplatz. You do not need to panic which train direction because each time train arrives the board actually tells you the stops under the train number. Trains are so often that it does not matter if you miss one. The hotel is 2 minute walk from the Savingyplatz stop (there is an elevator at that station).

There is no reception at the hotel. We just went to the bar area and the receptionist arrived with her laptop. Her English was impressive. Very efficient and quick check in. The first room smelled like smoke although rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but the receptionist quickly gave us a new room. I certainly appreciated that. Wi-Fi is free and they provide drinks at the mini bar. After a long flight it feels good.

The hotel is very close to cafes, restaurants and bookstores. You can find many different places to have breakfast as well. The breakfast at the hotel is 12 euros if you sign up during check in otherwise 18 euros. It seems like a very generous breakfast but we prefer to explore so we skipped it.

The rooms are very small. There is an open closet and place to put your luggage. We managed but we had to keep most of the clothes in our luggage. The desk area has the phone, glasses, cups and the Nespresso machine.

The bed is very comfortable. It is a double bed with two separate covers and comfortable pillows.

Our bathroom was very large (room 29) for European Standards. The shower was very good. I recommend bringing your own shampoo and soap.

Our room was facing the courtyard. On Saturday night the place turned into a dance club. The music was very loud. Even with the window closed and the A/C on we could still hear the music and people talking. Ear plugs do help. I was exhausted from walking around all day so I fell asleep quickly but maybe for business trips it might be a different story.

I recommend this hotel. If I ever go back to Berlin I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Sir F.K. savigny is happy that you enjoyed your stay at his mansion! He hopes you also had a good trip home and will come back soon!