“Great hotel”

Ranked #95 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Gdynia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very stylish hotel, beautifully decorated, very comfortable beds. I don't reccomend the cheapest room, because the toilet is right behind matt glass door. But if you don't mind, it is great otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SirSavigny, General Manager at Sir Savigny Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
You did not like my design bathroom type? Come back! I have rooms with separated bathroom in all my room categories as well, I would love to show you those! My hosts and me are looking forward to welcoming you agan!
Your Sir F.K. Savigny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff with a lovely glass of processco , Room was small & air con was not working however as soon as we requested a move it was not a problem for the very helpful staff ,Great location train station 2 minute walk from the hotel and next to all bars & resturants ,I would stay at this hotel again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great sounds wonderful, many thanks! My hosts and me, we would love to welcome you as our esteemed guest another time again!
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose this hotel mainly as it was so conveniently situated for the metro and we were not disappointed. Very friendly staff, modern, spacious room with everything we needed. The Charlottenburg district is lovely and there are many little restaurants and eateries nearby. Definitely excellent value for money. I think you will find it hard to beat this hotel for convenience and comfort.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW! Thank you so much! If you are happy, I am happy, too, so I am more than happy!! Maybe you will visit Berlin another day again, I would love to welcoming you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent location with pleasant streets, restaurants and bars. Excellent transport links.
Friendly and helpful staff, excellent service.
Pleasant atmosphere, nice garden and lounge area.
Rooms are fairly typical business style, but comfortable enough.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SirSavigny, General Manager at Sir Savigny Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
So great to read that you lovey my place and had a good time! Maybe you come back another day, My hosts and me would be more than happy to welcoming you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A friendly welcome and a delicious glass of sparkling wine served upon arrival. The hotel's decor was modern and artistic. A very creative interior, shelves filled with books on art, fashion, graphics etc. The lobby smelt gorgeous, although was always really warm, sometimes too warm.

We stayed in a Superior room which promised a courtyard view, unfortunately we couldn't see much of the courtyard but had a view of the railway track...we weren't overly bothered, we were in Berlin!!
The room itself was lovely. All drinks in the mini bar were free which is a rarity that we made the most of.

My only issue with the room was the bathroom. Luckily I went with a close friend whom I'd previously lived with so there wasn't much we hadn't seen. However, for friends who aren't comfortable with the chance of seeing your friend naked, or couples going away for the first time together who aren't at the stage where they should have to hear each other going to the loo...maybe avoid. Or take an ipod with you! There's a docking station there which came in extremely useful.
There is also an issue with the ventilation in the bathroom. Unfortunately, one night, my friend was violently sick. With no windows and lack of ventilation after the lights were off, the joint bathroom and toilet smelt extremely bad in the morning. So bad that I couldn't have a shower. I know these new frosted glass door bathrooms are modern, 'cool' and probably cheap to install but I really don't think they're practical.

This is a similar problem I've had with a hotel in Barcelona so it isn't anything personal against Sir FK Savigny.

Great beds, very comfortable, the pillows were divine! The bed was a double but we had two individual single duvets which is perfect for cover thieves. I slept well.

The hotel is located in a lovely area where, as two 23 year old females, we felt safe walking around at night. Savigny Platz is the nearest station and there are some lovely breakfast places along the 5 minute walk.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely book again. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SirSavigny, General Manager at Sir Savigny Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Sir F.K. Savigny is very happy to read your lovely words and thanks you very much! Let him know when you will be back, 50% of his rooms also have a separated bathroom instead of the tye of bathroom you had, which many of his guests book on purpose as they love it! However, of course he knows that this is not convenient for every guests, so he would love to show you next time another room! Regarding the ventilation, as long as you keep the keycard in the slot next to the door for the electricity, the ventilation should work! Sir F.K. Savigny and his hosts would have loved to show you how it works and would also have loved to offer you another room, so that you can have a shower. They apologize for the inconveniences caused. It would be a great pleaseure to make your next stay a memorable experience, let Sir F.K. Savigny know when you will be back he is very much looking forward to welcoming you again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed four nights at Sir F.K. Savigny, and overall both I and my partner were quite satisfied.

Although I have visited Berlin many times over the past ten years, I have never stayed at this hotel. The reason I booked there this time is because it was my partner's first time in Berlin, so I wanted something special, i.e. a nice boutique hotel. After spending hours on-line, I came across Sir F. K. Savigny, and being impressed by the pictures on their website, I booked a room. The location was certainly a plus, since Sir F. K. is close to both S (Savignyplatz) and U-bahn (Zoo), let alone that Savignyplatz is a nice area.

Upon our arrival, we were impressed. Sir F.K. is definitely a design hotel. Very nicely decorated, with that sort of north European/Scandinavian taste, which is really unique. We were offered a drink and we were advised to sit at the lobby and wait for the receptionist to arrive. Strangely enough there is no reception. The reception is, simply put, a walking around the lobby-bar area lady with a lap-top. That we have never seen in our life, and we actually considered it quite awkward... Besides, the receptionist was somehow rude--there was no language barrier please mind--yet we didn't really mind.

The room was nice, yet not what I expected. Based on the reviews I was expecting something more, both in terms of space and decoration. What we found really frustrating however was the bed... It was too small, and completely uncomfortable. Both my partner and I could barely catch a sleep! Plus, every single morning our backs were killing us. The same goes to pillows... What a pain...

Regarding cleanness, the room looked just fine, until we looked under the bed, while looking for a sock :) Not quite clean under there, but that was OK...

If you are looking for a good value for money, then Sir F.K. Savigny might be a good deal. If you can afford a bit more however, just a tiny bit, then I would definitely suggest to avoid this hotel. Investing on design is certainly a good thing, yet a hotel is first and foremost a place to rest and enjoy!

1 Thank Konstantiniye
Many thanks for your honest review! Great that you liked it here! However, a pitty that it was not perfectly up to our satisfaction. Especially the Boxspring beds are normally loved by my guests, I am so sorry! Thank you so much for all the tips!
Your SIr F.K. Savigny
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week at this hotel, from the beginning to the end we had great customer service. We were welcomed by a young blonde female who was very friendly gave us a free glass of sparkling wine.
The room is small but perfect beds are very comfortable and you have everything you need in the room. From a docking station to a mini fridge and even a coffee machine. Only suggestion id make is get at least one channel in English.
The hotel is no more that 5 mins walk to the train station.
The shopping strip it 15 minutes walk and you have a huge variety of shops from Adidas to gucci etc.
Id highly recommended this hotel as I cant fault it. If I did it would just be the noise from the busy road but thats just being picky. If we ever visit berlin again I would definitely come back to this one.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so so happy about your lovely words making me smiling and being happy! Thank you so much! It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you again! Regarding the TV chanels, you are right, I only have BBC and CNN, I will see what I can do here.