AS Apartmenthaus
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Berlin
See available hotels
Hotel Abell(Berlin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We've booked 'an apartment for 6 people" (we were 2 adults, 2 small kids and a teenager). It was suppose to have a kitchen, washer, internet & free parking and was looking real decent on the pictures...

What we got was entirely different (aside from the internet and parking...) The apartments are not really apartments - they are hostel style rooms the size of a large walk in closet and look nothing like on the website... for 6 people we had 2 bunk beds (hand made out of 2x4s and plywood) and a full size mattress on a platform. There wasn't enough room for the suitcases or two people to pass by each other by the beds. The TV was 16' circa 1990s... The bathroom poor at the most with a toilet that didn't flush, no toiletries and ONE towel for 5 of us! No closet, just high school style lockers circa 1970's - that's all! Kitchen is one for all rooms and poorly equipped. The door to our room was with broken glass and chipped wood and felt very unsafe...

Service is nonexistant. We got a key and the guy split right away in the hurry and did not answer calls for the entire night.

Parking is free, yes, but it's regular street parking and if you arrive late, it's all full. Internet is wireless and for the 15min we were there, worked fine.

Definitely not an environment for kids or anyone that has at least two star hotel requirements. If you are a student on a backpacking trip, maybe, but you can get a better value for you money somewhere else.

Room Tip: get another place!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank K_paulinka
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was a terrible experience!
We rented an apartment and PAID EXTRA to have a kitchen! There is no Kitchen at all!It's a kitchen shared for many many people!
Don't pay ANYTHING before they take you to the room and to have a look! It's absolutely NOT an apartment! It's a room! Just that! Clean but also very very noise!
Not so central but the neighborhood was ok!
One simple towel and bed clothes for several days!
Bad english to receive the guests!
Not to repeat!NEVER!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2011

In June 2011 I booked by mail an apartment in Berlin to the company AS-Apartmenthaus. I only confirmed my reservation after being told by “AS-Apartmenthaus“ that it really was an apartment with kitchen and four beds for four adult people. When we arrived at the AS-offices, the manager urged us to pay in cash before going to the apartments building. We felt very defrauded when we realised that the “apartment” for four people consisted in a small room with a big bed and a narrow convertible sofa which was supposed to be the bed for two people, without kitchen, table, etc. We also felt very upset with the staff attitude.
After our experience I strongly recommend not to trust the published pictures nor the e-mailed information given by “AS apartments“ (BettenBerlin.de).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Xibeca B
Reviewed 17 August 2011

On the second week of August 2011 my family, consisting in four adults, contracted online an AS-apartment for five nights in Berlin. When we arrived at the AS headquarters, the manager urged us to pay in cash before having a look at the booked apartment, a suspicious attitude which we understood a minutes later: the “apartment” consisted in a single room with a big bed and a convertible sofa which was supposed to be the second bed for us (ok, we are a very well-matched family, no problem!). With such an arranged furniture, the space left to move around was ridiculous, so the room was supposed to be used only for sleeping purposes. After the journey, we were too exhausted to start looking for somewhere else, but definitely our visit hadn’t had a good start. I understand that the word “apartment” doesn’t fit exactly with what AS-Apartments rents, mainly if we take under consideration that the bad-odour kitchen was a common place shared with the other guests. Besides, on the departure day, after being told that we could leave our luggage either at the office or in a nearby coffe-shop before we spent our last hours in the city, we were asked to pay in order to take care of it, an unexpected answer (we refused immediately). Of course, we are not idiots enough to be unaware of having been messed around by AS-Apartments. Despite the teasing treatment of Mr. Andreas Speek and its BettenBerlin.de team, we enjoyed Berlin.
Lluís, Barcelona

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pagessantacana
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I arrived at the building (in a scruffy but fairly trendy area quite a distance from the sights) to find graffiti in the doorway and a number of doorbells with no indication of which one to press. The building mainly contains private apartments. After standing there for 20 minutes unsure what to do, the manager appeared. He eventually found my paperwork but clearly was not expecting me because he had to do some room juggling to fit me in. He wanted to be paid in cash, which added to the dodgy feel of the experience, and had very poor English. The entrance hallway is gloomy and rather tatty. The room was barely adequate: some modern looking units, but the whole thing looked cheap, shabby and depressing and looked onto a dismal courtyard. It was ground floor so you would not feel comfortable leaving a window open at night. I was too exhausted to start looking for somewhere else with a heavy suitcase, so decided to stay for a night. The bed was comfortable enough but the duvet was so thin I had to sleep in my clothes (there were radiators but no indication of how to get them to work). I left as soon as I could. I enjoyed Berlin though.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo