“Cool, cosy Soho House Berlin”
Review of Soho House Berlin

Soho House Berlin
Ranked #133 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed there from August 02 until August 06, 2013 and in August 2012.

Now I have been there twice and it is definitely my hotel for Berlin! I have to admit that the Soho House Berlin staff managed that I stayed both times (hey, in between lies one year!) in the very same appartment which I truly appreciate! The first time we stayed there, our baby was just four months old and I truly appreciated the fact having a kitchen and a washing machine including tumbler, as well for the last time we stayed there, when she was 16 months old.

A quiet and relaxing atmosphere is very important to me and being in such a big, busy city as Berlin, it is the perfect place to cool down.

I enjoyed very much my treatments at the Cowshed SPA, plus Soho House Berlin makes it very special with these large bottles of Cowshed products, which we are since ordering ourselves for at home.

The breakfast, lunches and dinners are just delicious and I enjoy the easygoing, homelike atmosphere of the Club Floor.

All in all I am very much looking forward to booking again for August 2014 the Soho House Berlin and to my stay with the wonderful, cool, professional & friendly staff of Soho House Berlin!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Whether you go for the decoration, the atmosphère, the spa or the service... everything is a good excuse to go and visit this amazing hotel in Berlin.

Eeven the smallest rooms are big and lovely... just go and see for yourself!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

all the comments about the Soho House Berlin look like they are real experience and based on true journeys which is not always the case on Tripadvisor to my personal experience.

It is a private member hotel, spa, restaurant & bar... but also accessible for external bookings.

Again a perfect experience, totally enjoyable.
International professional staff with colorful & relax attitude.
Customers are called by their surnames and taken care as one would care for his friends.

Decoration is modern with some cosy retro furniture that reminds me of the Nomad hotel in NY
Like a short trip in the past century; an imposing building with discrete facade, but with modern comfort and English & French interior decoration influence.

Room Tip: Bedroom 85 on the 6th floor has a lovely view over the city, size is quite large with a personal ste...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We recently returned from a long weekend in Berlin with most of it spent at the Soho House Hotel, which is just a joy of a place to stay.

The day before we arrived we were told that unfortunately our rooms weren't available for the first night as incumbent guests had decided to stay an extra night and because of the type of room there were no others available.

Ordinarily this would be the kind of thing that would drag a review right down. However, on our arrival in Berlin we checked in to the alternative hotel for 1 night and made our way over to the Soho House to speak to Dominic.

Things happen and rooms get bumped and when these things do happen it's more about how the hotel treats you than the actual situation itself. Dominic was fantastic, he offered us a full explanation of what had happened and comped our drinks in the Soho Bar on that night. They upgraded our rooms the next day to the Apartments and also paid for our dinner and drinks the following evening as well as allowing us free breakfasts for our stay - just wanted to say a big Thank You to Dominic and all the staff at the Sohoh House Hotel. Customer service is exemplary and they went way above and beyond to ensure that our stay was as memorable as possible for the right reasons.

Would I go back to the Soho House Hotel - absolutely, in a heartbeat. It has a fantastic relaxed atmosphere, great bars and the rooms are fantastic. The location is perfect for Berlin and it's surrounded by some wonderful restaurants..

As a perpetual traveller I have stayed in some of the nicest and finest hotels throughout the world and prior to our stay in the Soho House Berlin my favourite hotel was The Savoy in London. For atmosphere, Customer Service and Value the Soho House Berlin beats it hands down. It's now my favourite city hotel and we will be looking forwards to returning next year.

Once again, thanks to all the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, relaxed and most importantly, like they wanted us to be there.

Room Tip: The Apartments are luxury, pure luxury. If you can afford one please book them - a true home from ho...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Great location, great facilities, good food. The rooms are very comfy. We arrived and headed straight to the cowshed for a steam and a sauna (international visitors be aware that they are mixed and are naked!). Then had a light meal in the bar. As members very familiar with london and new york we kept getting lost in the corridors. Had a decent meal in the restaurant. In general service could have been better... Typical of berlin but not of the other international sites. We had to wait ages both to order and for the bill and the waiter was alsoalso doing room service on the phone! The food was
fine, not outstanding but the

Reviewed 12 December 2013

First time in Berlin. Great location with a property full of history. Staff speak excellent English, are enthusiastic and delighted to share their experiences and recommendations to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

After staying at Dean Street Town House in London last october, I decided to stay at Soho Hotel Berlin last weekend because my stay in the same owner hotel in London was perfect. But something happened at Soho Hotel Berlin that I think is unacceptable and that its manager did not know how to deal with the problem. At my last day at Soho Hotel Berlin I made the checkout and went up to the bar / restaurant at the top of the hotel to have my brunch, as I made the others day. When I arrived I had a warm welcome by the waiters because after having breakfast and drinks at night all days of my staying, the staff know me well. So during the brunch a (new) waiter arrived and asked the room number. When I told him my room number and added I just had checked out he asked me to leave my credit card as a guarantee because he had to make sure I wasn't leaving without paying... That was the must disgusting think ever happened in my life. It is like arriving in a restaurant and the waiter ask you the credit card before you order just because you can be a bad person and run out and not pay the bill. I just paid the bill and left because I lost my appetite.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends