I stayed at A&O for 2 nights to have a bed to sleep in before I went couch surfing for a couple weeks. I even decided to 'splash' out and pay for a hotel room instead of staying in one of their hostel rooms. Many reviews mentioned the young, loud groups of students coming through so I had this expectation going in. What I wasn't expecting was the loudest, and rudest people to be the staff. When check-out isn't until 10 am, why are rooms being cleaned loudly at 8:45 am? If you need to say something to a fellow staff member down the hall, please just go to them and do not yell down the hallway. This is common manners I would expect from anybody else at a hotel, let alone the staff. When I mentioned this to the hotel, that the staff shouldn't be banging on walls, having conversations and vacuuming before people have even woken up they barely even acknowledged it and said "they didn't understand"... and yet they were fully capable of understanding me when I wanted a late check-out, where the breakfast room was, where a convenience store was etc... the moment I seemed to have an issue with something, the staff all the sudden "didn't speak english". On top of that, if you want a hostel/hotel with this many rooms, have the appropriate number of staff to deal with it. Any time I needed something I had to wait in a queue, usually of a big group of students, and that's assuming a staff member was even there. If someone just wants to ask a simple question like, "do you sell adaptors?", they shouldn't have to wait in a line of 20 people wanting to check-in. If you are selling other amenities, have someone there to do it who doesn't also have to check in every person that walks in. They seem to be trying to fit in as many things as possible that will make this hostel/hotel look great on a website, "free breakfast, tons of rooms, wifi, hygiene products, ATM, bar, food..." and yet it is rare that any of these things is properly managed at all. So although the room I had was actually alright, I would have preferred to spend 50 euro at a hotel where my biggest annoyance was other guests, not the hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof has very modernly furnished rooms and business suites. The spacious lobby and entrance area with a bar, billiards and table soccer together create an inviting atmosphere with international charm. The A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof is just 10 minutes by foot from the Berlin Central Station. In spite of its central location the hostel is on a quiet side street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a&o Berlin Hauptbahnhof Hotel Berlin
- a And o Berlin Hauptbahnhof