“Amazing Hotel, Amazing Location and Amazing Price”

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
Ranked #8 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Amazing Hotel, Amazing Location and Amazing Price”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this place after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, the high rating was definitely justified! Myself and my girlfriend arrived late afternoon and caught the airport service train into Alexanderplatz, we caught a taxi to the apartment but later found out it was literally 10 mins walk away. On arrival we were asked if we would like a room with a view of the TV Tower, which of course we took, and the room was fantastic value for money. Very spacious, very large double window with the view, all modern and clean!

As a young couple we were keen to explore and asked at reception about local bars etc. they were extremely polite and helpful throughout our short stay, giving us information and maps and all with a smile. The Bar that joins to the hotel does amazing cocktails! And at happy hour (I recall 6-7.30pm) about €6 each, when compared with local bars in the area they were SO much better!

The location itself is brilliant, very close to some major sites in Berlin, about 10 minutes walk to Unter Den Linden, 5 minutes to the Cathedral, 30 mins walk down to the holocaust Memorial and the Hackeshcher Markt train station is literally behind the hotel, so we went down to East Side Gallery and walked down the river looking at the amazing artwork and famous Oberbaumbrucke Bridge.

I would definitely be looking to return to this hotel, maybe next time just before the weekend to take advantage of the city's nightlife which we didn't delve too far into due to our arrival on Sunday and for only 2 nights, and maybe next time use the pool and wellness area.

Fantastic value for money, thanks for the amazing stay!

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Ben H
ajost, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Ben H, what an amazing feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to write in details how much you enjoyed the apartment. Great to read how you rate our bar compared to the bar´s around us. I am happy to pass this compliment on to my Bar team. It sounds that you are keen to explore of Berlin and we would be happy to host you again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights, a solo lady traveller from England - my first time in Berlin. I had a great stay at Adina Hackescher Markt. Check in was quick and easy and the receptionist was welcoming and remembered my name for the whole stay. The double room on floor 7 was excellent, very spacious, very clean, with everything I needed. I was very impressed with how quiet it was - I never heard a single sound in my room from other guests. The ladies in the breakfast dining room were friendly, helpful and professional. My freshly cooked scrambled eggs each day were first class, and with smoked salmon too, plus fruit to follow, this was all a real treat on my holiday. But a splendid variety of breakfast food on offer too.
The Kaisers supermarket was just around the corner, the bakers/cafe too. Plus a number of restaurants around the S Bahn station, which was literally 2 minutes away. The bus stop for services 100 and 200 were only a short walk away, and these buses were handy for getting to many of the sights and museums, galleries etc. It was very hot in Berlin during my stay, and I had a full schedule of sightseeing, so it was wonderful to return to my hotel room at the end of each day - it was lovely and cool and a haven of calm. Thank you to all at Adina. I will return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lynda704
ajost, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Lynda704, many thanks for your kind feedback. It sounds you had a great time staying with us and enjoyed the facilities we do offer. I am happy to read how much you loved the breakfast service and could make good use of the public transportation opportunities. We look forward to your return. Kind regards Annette Jost
Norway
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When planning our trip to Berlin, we explored a number of different options that could suit a family of 4 wanting a nice base camp for exploring the city. We scoured AirBnB, hotel sites and travel pages, but ended up with Adina after considering value for money and the risk of additional hassle that comes with renting apartments with more or less professional players. Anyway - having visited Berlin a few times before, we knew the importance of access to communications. Berlin is a large city, and you need your S-Bahn, U-Bahn and Metro trams to get around - unless you have a bike, which is of course the best option (weather permitting). Adina Hackesher Markt is a Metro tram hub, and has an S-Bahn station, and it lies within 3-4 minute walking distance from 2 U-Bahn stations. In sum - perfect! (The Mitte district as such is of course quite touristy, but that's just how it is.)

So - the hotel: We had a 2 bedroom apartment, which is cool, spacious, well-equipped (washer, dryer, dishwasher, ...) and sporting two delicious bathrooms. And it had a nice balcony. Sure, the aircon was not always easy to regulate to perfection and the water temperature in the shower somewhat random sometimes, but that is merely details. There's also a really nice, clean and cosy wellness centre in the basement. We opted for the self-catering option and thus did not try the restaurant, so I have no useful info there. But for those wanting to fix their own food, there's a supermarket just around the corner and a bakery on the corner.... Dozens of restaurants and cafes within a 2 minute walk in car-free streets. Superb. The Adina Staff is friendly, cleaning impeccable, check-in/out swift and without problems. (One small annoyance: Not providing free wifi is so... last decade.)

All in all, a super stay! The Adina itself is really nice, but the real star is the location. Location, location, location!

Room Tip: Some noise from the traffic as might be expected - probably best to get a room high up (if possible...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank A G
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Audungr, many thanks for your recommendation. As I read your review, it sounds choosing Adina was worth the risk of additional hassle. And these did not come up as expected. It is great to read how much you enjoyed the space and equipment of our two-bedroom-apartment as well as our location. We hope we can welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A lovely, modern, elegant hotel in a superb location. 100 yards to the Hackscher Markt restaurants and bars and S-bahn station/tram stop, so easy access to all Berlin. Splendid rooms with living area, small elegant kitchenette, beautifully furnished.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tayana42
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear tayana42, many thanks for your short and charming feedback. We look forward to your return. Kind regards Annette Jost
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had to travel to Berlin for a week on a business trip.
The company I worked for picked the Adina, and am I glad they did.

Room: Perfect 1 bdrm suite with a small kitchenette. Very quite, super clean and comfortable. It even had a washer and dryer. The fridge came in handy with all the fruit I bought from a local grocery shop.

Hotel location: Walking distance to lots of attractions, restaurants and shopping malls. Every evening I would walk and discover new places. I would walk all the way to the Galeria and Alexa malls (15 to 20 mins). On the way to the Galeria there is a grocery place (on the sidewalk) with fresh fruits, juice and vegetables. Around the hotel (within mins), there are plenty of restaurants (side walks) and couple of supermarkets, a pharmacy, etc...

I did not use the train system (train stop just few mins walk).

I had dinner at the hotel once; I tried the steak, potatoes and salad. The food was amazing, the service was superb, and the presentation was worth the cost of the meal.

The concierges were all very helpful. My taxis were always ready by the time I get down to the front lobby; their suggestions for food, places to visit, etc... always on the mark. And one evening, the concierge stopped me before heading out and recommended I grab an umbrella (they provided me with one) as he knew the forecast was calling for some showers. I did not know and I am glad I listened to him as it started to rain on my way back that evening.

Highly recommended. I would definitely stay at the Adina when I go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear S S, what a lovely report on your recent stay with us. Your feedback shows how ideal our apartments are when you stay for a longer period and for business reason. I am glad to read how good you managed to get around. Prepare your own meals upstairs and were well looked after by my team. Many thanks for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost
Amsterdam
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We chose this place based on the very good reviews and we were most certainly not disappointed. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The shower was very comfortable. We had a room facing the inner court so it was very quiet. There's a U-bahn close by but we walked from the hotel to many sights in Berlin: Alexanderplatz, Friedrichstrasse (shopping), Checkpoint Charlie, Holocaust monument, Potsdammer Platz and many more. Their service is incredible. The rooms have a small kitchenette and we made our own coffee in the room in the morning. They even cleaned these cups. We didn't eat in the hotel but we've found a nice place for breakfast and lunch. It's Allegretto cafe, next to the Spree (http://www.allegretto-berlin.de/).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank saiho
Dear saiho, many thanks for your kind review. I am happy to read that we did not disappoint you. It sounds you had a great time and we could be at your service whenever you needed assistance. We look forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Spotlessly clean modern building in a very good location and we were really impressed with everything, the apartment had the full kitchen and laundry facilities and the all-important air con was working very well with individual controls. We did a mixture of eating in, using the hotels Alto bar/restaurant and other cafes/restaurants plus the hotel BBQ one night. There are loads of cafes/restaurants around the Hackescher Markt station area, which is less than 2 minutes away along with a Kaiser supermarket nearby. The supermarket is easy to find, out the hotel door and keep left all the way round the building, it’s open 0800 until very late Mon to Sat but closed on a Sunday.
Although the Hackescher Markt rail station (S bahn) is near and useful for most journeys the Schoenefeld airport express train does not stop there but it does at the Alexanderplatz station (S&U), which is about a 5 to 10 minute walk.
All in all a very good clean apartment hotel with nice friendly staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Strath101
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Strath101, many thanks for your nice compliment. It sounds you made the best out of everything which the city and our hotel offered to you. Good to know, that you were able to enjoy our BBQ evening. It sounds that you enjoyed staying with us and we can welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost