Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
US$160
US$240
US$157
3,874 results
All reviewsmuseum islandgreat locationtv toweraround the cornerwasher and dryersmall kitchentrain stationkitchen areafree wifiseparate bedroomself caterings bahnminute walkspa areaexcellent hotelbars and restaurantswould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at the Adina at the end of July for 9 nights. We had a one bedroom apartment on the 8th floor of the building, which is the top floor, and facing the interior courtyard.

Location: We thought the location of the hotel was excellent. With the Kaisers grocery store right around the corner along with a bakery and a drug store, it was easy to pick up supplies for the hotel room. The transport links are also quite good. The S-bahn station is only about 200m away from the entrance, an easy 2 minute walk. The S-bahn can take you across Berlin fairly quickly though unfortunately when we were there, there was work being done the on the line so you could not go across town on it. The trams 4 and 6 both start their lines behind the Adina and can quickly take you to Alexanderplatz. It is an easy walk from the TXL bus stop to the hotel as well. Museum Island, the Dom and the German Museum are all about a 5 minute walk away.

The room: The room was spread out width wise instead of the usual length way. When you stepped into the room, the bathroom was to your left, straight ahead was the couch and dining room table. Step a little further into the room and on your right was a fully equipped kitchen. In the left corner of the room was a large desk. The bedroom was off to the right of the kitchen and was large and roomy. The entire wall from the desk into the bedroom was windows, so there was lots of light. The kitchen had a two burner cooktop, a hood fan, small sink, dishwasher, large fridge and microwave. It had enough cooking supplies and dishes to cook meals with as we had breakfast and dinner in most days. In the bathroom, there was a large walk in shower, heated towel racks and separate washer/dryer units.

Staff: The front desk staff was a little hit and miss. Some were quite friendly but the ones that generally worked the night shift were standoff-ish and made you feel like you were inconveniencing them. The morning staff was more friendly and helpful in our opinion. Requests to fix things in the room were not done. For example, our shower door leaked water all over the floor, it wasn't fixed and our washing machine had a very musty smell and it was never dealt with.

Issues: For us, having the washer and dryer in the room were important because we were on a month long trip to Europe with minimal clothes. The washing machine had a very offensive musty smell in it. We asked at the front desk if they could clean it and get it fresh smelling because we did not want the musty smell transferred to our clothes. It appeared they did nothing because the smell remained. We went to the Kaisers and bought washing machine refresher to no effect. In the end, we did the laundry in the sink and put it in the dryer to dry. If you are going to advertise having these facilities, then they need to be kept clean and must free. No one is going to want to walk around smelling musty. The wifi thing is also inconvenient but in the end, you know about it if you have read this website so no surprise there. The AC was a little hit and miss, it would reset itself at night on us causing us to overheat. We had the temperature set to 18 for sleeping and it would reset to 22. The AC did work well though.

Overall: We would stay here again in the future as we thought the price was good for what we got, I paid about 1100 euros for the 9 nights in the one bedroom. The location is excellent and the hotel was quite quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelling_Homer
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Travellin, many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your room description gives a great overview of the design and equipment in our one-bedroom apartment. I am very sorry to read about the smelling dryer and I am wondering to whom you spoke about the smell, as normally we do our utmost to get things done at your convenience. Regarding the difference in guest service I will have a decent conversation with the night shift. The friendly service during the day should work around the clock. These small issues should not keep you away from staying with us. Looking forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 21 August 2014

OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, as this was my first trip to Berlin.

However, we LOVED the Adina. We didn't know what to expect from an "apartment hotel" but we weren't disappointed. Nice room, nice balcony, kitchenette with super-modern appliances -- even a dishwasher. In fact, when we got into our routine, we started our day with breakfast in the room (groceries were available from the nearby "Bio-Market"). Bathroom was another high-tech experience ... I wonder where these guys buy their plumbing supplies, Ikea? Was neat though, with a walk-in shower and heated towel rack (mmmmmh).

This location was really great. Close to the S-Bahn and the U-Bahn. Short walk to Alexander Platz, Museum Island, Brandenburg Gate, Tiergarten -- literally all the sights (and sites) you want to see.

There are other Adinas in Berlin, but do not be tempted by their lower prices. Those locations are subpar. Hackescher Market is perfect -- pay the extra to stay there. It is close to the action, but not covered by the mobs and (shudder) tour bus groups that swarm so many of the historical sites. Lots and lots of restaurants in the area. If you want German food (and who doesn't (ha, just kidding)) there are numerous "umbrella restaurants" just around the corner in Hackesche Hofe.

Berlin was a "bucket list" trip for me. The ghosts of the GDR and National Socialists are there for sure -- even evidence of the Soviets. The place is a living emblem of the Cold War. If you go, be sure to see the "Topography of Terror," which documents Nazi extremism, and the Berlin Wall Memorial. Both are moving experiences.

For the most part Berlin is expensive, but probably no more than any other place in Germany. I doubt I'll return there, but if I do, I know where I will stay.

5  Thank Keith S

Dear Keith8012, many thanks for your great review. I am happy to read that we did not disappoint you as an apartment hotel. And you are right the location is unbeatable and the city is still a living history book. So I am sure, there is much more to discover during another stay in Berlin. Hopefully we can be you host again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is our first time staying at Adina hotel ... We where very pleasantly surprised.. Service was good .. Room was clean and great.... Very central for what we were looking for... We would stay at this place again and will try other Adina hotels

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and was also quitefacing another hotel
2  Thank Stanley L
ajost, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Stanley L, I am happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised by our product. Probably you will be able by travelling through Australia to check out our other Adina Hotels. Looking forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards. Annette Jost

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love this hotel. The rooms are small apartment suites featuring sleek, ultra-modern German design. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and exceptionally comfortable. The location is fantastic - right in the heart of the former East Berlin, the most exciting and beautiful part of Berlin. The hotel is also right around the corner from Berlin's extraordinary Museum Island. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only downside is expensive and slow Wi-Fi that is very confusing to access. Since good Wi-Fi service is important for travelers, this is a serious deficiency. The other amenities are so good, however, that I would give this hotel the highest possible rating.

3  Thank Peter R

Dear pwrstr, many thanks for your honest and really nice review. It is great to read that you liked the design of our rooms, the location and the service my team provides. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the Wifi policy right now, but you have 24hrs free wifi in the lobby and bar. I hope this will not keep you away from returning back to us. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wonderful hotel, friendly staff, great location. The rooms are real value for money! That is why I chose this hotel for my third stay (out of three ...) in Berlin. My husband and I stayed for 11 nights in a premium apartment on the 7th floor. Great balcony etc.! But there's one thing that keeps me from giving this hotel full score: The internet policy. I actually don't mind paying - the fees were not that high. But I do mind a very annoying and complicated system, especially when using Apple-devices such as iPad or iPhone. Basically I had to remember to log on(!!) again to be able to log off. Sometimes the system didn't register my attempt to log off and I ended up paying for extra hours when I was sleeping. The "30 minutes for free" never worked in my room, and 30 minutes a day is really not enough anyway. Please fix the internet thing, Adina, and I'll be back (again).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gro O

Dear Gro O, many thanks for your review. It seems you enjoyed staying with us for such a long time. Unfortunately we cannot change the wifi policy right now, but we will have another look into the registration process. Hopefully we can welcome you back one day. Kind regards Annette Jost