“Great location and nice facilities”

H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
Ranked #123 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very nicely located and easy to find - the hotel is located very close to Alexander Platz and trains, subways and airport shuttlebusses run nearby. It is very easy to explore the area by foot or take a subway/train to one of the other neighbourhoods.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
We stayed on the 6th floor and did not experience any noise. Wi-Fi was not a problem but wi-fi cards expire after 24 hours and you have to get a new in the reception, which was not a problem at all.
The fitness facilities were ok but the room is very small and feels a bit cramped.
Our room was comfy and tidy. The blowdryer didn't really work but we called the reception and a new one was installed once we got back from a tour.
All in all a very nice hotel that I would stay in again.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors as the hotel is located on the corner of two heavily traffick...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is new, like almost everything else in Berlin. The rooms are spacious and with big windows and outside light. Location was also good. Around 5 minutes walking distance from the major station Alexanderplatz. And these are all the pluses of this hotel. Then on the downside: wifi, pillows, amenities and cleaning services.
Wifi is the worst system anyone could imagine: 24h daily cards from some German phone company, which means that everyday you need to request a new card. In addition, during our stay, apparently that phone company didn't deliver the cards, so we had no internet for the last part of our stay and the hotel didn't offer any compensation for that.
pillows- I asked for another pillow, since they were very thin and soft, which they fast lay delivered, but it made no difference since even with two pillows, it still was too soft for me to feel comfortable.
Amenities are also not only difficult to use, because they are available in wall dispensers that you need to squeeze hard. Also the soap they deliver makes your hands very dry. I really recommend that if you really want to stay here, bring your own soap and shower gel. I don't use hotels shampoos, so I can't comment on that.
Cleaning services are very disappointing. I stayed for 3 nights and they only changed the bath towels because I threw them on the floor. The bed sheets were never changed. Also the bath towels are so small, they look like face towels. breakfast was average with good fruit and lousy coffee. in short, I don't think I would stay there again...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magda96
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The location is amazing, just 4 minutes walking to the Station, nearby there are several good Restaurantes. The team is very helpful and cooperative. For some reason my lugagge didnt arrive with me, and the front desk team do the followed up to the Airline for hours. Finally I found out my lugagge in my room. eventough the rooms are not to big, are comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very nice location near to the famous Alexanderplatz square where every tourist visits Berlin must go. The room was good but very narrow. I got a single king size bed room where I could hardly move. You can also walk to the Berlin museum near the hotel. The hotel staff speak good English and they were neutral.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel could not be in a better location if it tried: firmly on the edge of Alexanderplatz our room faced directly onto Karl-Liebknecht-Straße less than five minutes from Alexanderplatz and the Television tower, the S/U-Bahn and tram stations, and the Berliner Dom - and about twenty minutes walk down Unter Den Linden from the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and the Tiergarten. Staff on the front desk were friendly and spoke excellent English, and the carpark is secure and safe.

Room was quiet all night unless the windows were open, not a sound got in from outside despite facing directly onto the main road. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was spacious enough with an exceptionally good shower (the head shower, not the maneuverable one) - with instructions for use in both German and English.

Breakfast was standard hotel breakfast. My one complaint would be that the drink glasses are barely larger than a 25 ml. shot glass and several were needed at once to carry back to the table. Scrambled eggs did not look terribly appealing however they tasted great.

I did ask, out of curiosity, at the front desk, what was at the site of the hotel before the wall fell - to which the man carelessly replied "I don't know." So, no luck in finding out. It would be nice to find out; if anybody at the hotel does know I feel they should erect something about this in the lobby, for historical purposes. Other than that, a good hotel that I would not mind returning to.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing onto Karl-Liebknecht-Straße as opposed to facing the building site opposite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Superbly situated on Karl Liebknecht Strasse, on the edge of Alexanderplatz. 5 mins walk to U Bahn and S Bahn station in Alexanderplatz, which has good connections right across the city.

Warm welcome from friendly efficient check in staff. Room was perfect, can't understand the "room too small" comments myself. Bathroom fine, large walk in shower with good powerful shower. Beds of good quality, got a great night's sleep.

Our room looked out onto Alexanderplatz, but the windows were almosr soundproof and we heard no noise. Unfortunately our friend's room looked out onto a building site and he could hear/feel some noise from pneumatic drills.

Breakfast was very good, large range of hot and cold dishes - help yourself buffet. As others have commented it can be very busy at certain times.

Did not try sauna which was on the top floor. Hotel has cycles for hire at €12 per day.

Great hotel would actively seek to go back when next in Berlin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Online Reputation at H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Desdinova,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
“Great hotel” is a huge compliment. So we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!
Your team of the RAMADA Hotel Berlin-Alexanderplatz // Jeannine Apel – Online Reputation

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Ramada Hotel in Alexanderplatz is a decent hotel in a very good location. 6-7mins walk from the train station it offers a nice gateway to Berlin.

Room size is a bit small BUT this is not a problem. Clean, tidy well equipped room.

Breakfast is quite good but during peak season and time it is hard to find a table.

If I go back to Berlin I would certainly consider staying there again.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gregory,
We appreciate your recommendation and thank you for your review.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!