“Long wait”

Ranked #40 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Long wait”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place was by the far the worst place we had ever stayed in. It is boring and completely outdated. How could anyone in their right mind come and stay here. I guess it is all in the name. If the right name is there, nothing else matters, people will show. I found the reception area to be a complete train wreck and not at all efficient. I actually had to wait more than half an hour to check in, not something you want to do after being on such a long flight, and they were not even apologetic about it. One word I can say about this place I can say is: AVOID.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jonathan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for a long weekend break from 4th April - 7th April, the hotel was easy to find and upon arrival the staff were very polite and welcoming. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk from the train station / U-Bahn making getting around very easy for us, the trains are an excellent way to commute around what is a very large city.
Our room was on the 5th floor and we did not hear one bit of noise from the nearby railway, indeed we could not hear anyone outisde of the room - including room service! The room was spotless and kept very clean by the very efficient maids, the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows and the bathroom, although only containing a shower was also very clean - another great shower to add to the list!
Breakfast was varied and of good quality, good choice of hot and cold food and drinks - I would recommend the hotel for anyone seeking a comfortable and reasonably priced break.
Berlin is a great city with much to see, we had previously booked a visit to the Reichstag and enjoyed every minute in there - we would recommend a visit, as the views in the dome are excellent but if you do want views go and see the TV tower - Fernsehturm, it is amazing and very informative at the top of the dome. If you love your history, you will love Berlin.

Room Tip: Ours was on the 5th floor at the rear of the hotel - maybe the front rooms for views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Emmaboda, Sweden
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in mid April. The location is great. Very near busses and U-Bahn (subway) and yet in a relatively quiet side street. Staff is smiling and welcoming.Our room and bathroom were exactly like in the photos and of a decent size really. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. (Both European style and English/North-American). I thought the mattress a bit hard at first but finally it proved to be very comfortable for a 'poor, exhausted tourist'!!
One warning: Be careful, the floor of the great roomy shower can be a little slippery.
Two advices: First,unless you absolutely want to cuddle, ask for twin beds as ours at least, was a bit narrow for the two of us. (O.K. we are not so thin!)
And second, reading the comments below about the noise of the train nearby, I asked and got a room on the 6th floor facing a small courtyard that had a lovely view on an narrow old appartment building, that for 10euros more a night. In my opinion, that was not a good idea as I
still heard the train. (not that loud really, didn't disturb my partner in the least but me a bit). The trouble with me is that I hate air-conditionning and not to hear the train I had to turn it on and shut the window because sensibly there is a system that doesn't allow you to turn the AC on with the window open. And I had no choice but to choose AC as the window opened just a little bit, not enough air coming in for me. But I suppose this is a minor personal problem. So all in all, yes,I heartily recommend Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West.
Chantal formely from Montreal Canada, now living in Sweden.
Tip: I you are a sushi lover, ask at the reception direction for the sushi bar almost next door but hard to find by yourself. The sushi master is not japanese, he is a bit on the slow side (but then I don't think you should gulp sushi one after another like you didn't eat for days) and his waitress is hopeless. But the sushis are superb though not cheap and pass floating in little wooden boats on a blue canal. The place is tiny so reservation is in order.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed four nights. Booking in was easy, staff spoke perfect English. The hotel was spotless and very new looking. Our room was on the sixth floor overlooking the road and railway line. We expected noise from the trains but this was minimal and didn't spoil our stay. We used the sofa bed which made the room a little tight. Storage space wasn't too great for three of us. The shower room was of high standard with a large walk in shower. Plenty of hot water with good pressure. A selection of TV channels, a few in English.
Breakfast was excellent with a great choice; the fruit salad was exceptional. The bar area was good with a 24hr snack bar and numerous TV's. Prices similar to those in the restaurants.
Hotel just 10 mins from the main Zoologischer Garten train station where you can get a direct train to from Schonefeld Airport. Depending on where you are travelling to, Savignyplatz train station is slightly closer. Take a trip out to Potsdam, get a five day travel ticket from the airport for 37 Euro for five days, (1 adult and up to 3 children under 14) allows for travel on trains, trams and buses in areas A,B and C.
There are many cheap restaurants close by with a friendly atmosphere.
I highly recommended this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I would like to say that my first experience on sataying at Hampton by Hilton was great with high satisfaction. Thank you for your all suuport and cooperation. I wish best achieventens to your business and happy to offer Hilton hotel to my other colleagues who might travel to Berlin. Mr. Sainbayar, Siemens Mongolia

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Washington, UK
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Checked into this hotel for a second time with a group. We arrived at 11am so had not expected to get the rooms. However staff went the extra mile to check us into all of the twelve rooms booked early, which we really appreciated having been up since 4.30am.

The hotel rooms were really clean, this is most probably the best 3 star hotel in Berlin which has rooms from around 79 EUR per night including a lovely breakfast with plenty of choice.

What made the hotel special were the staff, nothing was too much trouble. The manager should be congratulated for offering such a customer focused hotel. I hope to return again next year. It is well located and accessible with public transport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for a couple of nights after seeing positive reviews on trip advisor.

Everything you could want from a hotel, room was facing the train line but very quiet. Lacking a safe in the room but you can use a safety deposit box for free. Would stay again when back in town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business