Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West
  • Pool
US$97
US$91
2,806 results
All reviewsrailway linetrain noisegreat hotelzoo stations bahnzoologischer gartenbathroom doorcomplimentary breakfasttegel airportfree wifiminute walksofa bedlight sleeperhotel is locatedpublic transportationyogurtcold meats
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is well located and easy to get to from Tegel airport on the 109 bus. Local restaurants nearby offer a variety of different cuisines and are good value. Get a 72 hour travel pass for 23 € and view all the sights on Berlin's excellent transport system. The nearest U-bahn stations give easy and quick access to all the sights. The advantage of the hotel's location is that it is away from the normal tourists traps being just off the main shopping street.
Staff at the hotel are knowledgable, friendly and keen to help. The service cannot be faulted. The rooms are standard hotel type rooms finished in a contemporary style and spotlessly clean. The breakfast offers a variety of foods from a buffet. The food was well presented and fresh.
We used the hotel bar after eating out for a couple of evenings. It is surprisingly busy and has a good atmosphere. Drinks are quite reasonably priced and the bar staff are happy to have a chat and a laugh.
All in all, we had an excellent time in Berlin with the hotel adding to the overall trip.
One gripe. The hotel has free WiFi which was fast and reliable in the reception area. Our room didn't have a good signal and the connection was slow and frequently failed. Still I wasn't there to surf the internet.

Room Tip: Pay the small extra cost and opt for a room with a garden view. Other rooms can face the railway. We chose the garden view and it was really quiet.
2  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed there in June 2014, for 7 nights. The hotel is supper accessible to public transportation- SBhan/UBhan/ buses. It is a walking distance to the Kudamm, savignyplatz and many more.
The staff is very friendly, the hotel and its rooms are very clean and breakfast is excellent!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is a good one. It is located in an excellent part of Berlin. The standard of the hotel is what you would expect from the Hilton. We had a room facing the road; however, it is a fairly quiet street (except for when Germany won the soccer match on 16/06 - it was crazy everywhere!) so there were no concerns as to noise etc. Large bathroom and a decent size room. My only criticism would be that I personally found the bed a little firm for my liking, but my 70 year old mother didn't have any complaints. I didn't use the gym opting for a run through the park, which is 1km away. The breakfast was excellent, both hot and cold options (including a waffle maker). The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. I didn't try the restaurant/bar opting to eat when out. There were lots of restaurants nearby and the shopping in the area is high end. I would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I genuinely like the place. Unassuming, but very central, reasonably quiet (albeit with a view of the railway and the quirky murals there), with friendly staff, small-but-nice gym, excellent breakfast and free wifi.

Visited with my wife for a week in August 2012, on a business trip in April 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jakub M
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very pleased with the location & easy to get there from Tegel Airport. Take bus
109 towards Zoologischer garten & STOP at U Uhlandstrasse (U meaning underground train station) in Kurfurstendamm street between Lacoste shop & BMW shop.
Cross the road & it would take only less than 5 mins to reach the hotel in Uhlandstrasse .
We were given a room facing the courtyard as I had requested after hearing that the train lines run next to the hotel . The room was a nice size & the bathroom was big ,clean with a powerful shower head.
Breakfast was very good with hot & cold serves. The fruit salad was excellent & making your own waffles was a real treat.
Lots of restaurants with different cuisines can be found if you turn left from the hotel & walk along Uhlandstrasse after crossing Kurfurstendamm , the famous shopping street. We thoroughly enjoyed delicious pizzas & pasta from Amigo at Joachinstaler strasse . There is also a big supermarket called Ullrich that is nearby on Kantstrasse, which is on the right turn from the hotel .
I would like to thank the manager on duty, Mr Gordon Gabriel who was really helpful & friendly. We have enjoyed our stay in this hotel cos of the location, free wifi & good breakfast,
Just a note of warning : I received a message from Hampton like a week before our arrival with an offer of upgrade for 3 euros a night if there was any availability & naturally I accepted. On check in, I asked if there was an upgraded room for us & was told "no" but when I went to settle our bill , I was told to pay an extra 75 euros for the 5 nights cos we were in a "room facing the courtyard! "
Luckily I still had the email of the upgraded offer so they had to accept my final settlement of an extra 15 euros .

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard but make sure you check the price first.
3  Thank godzilla_oz