“Welcome, friendly and genuine”
Review of Haveli

Haveli
Ranked #35 of 9,465 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Felt like coming home to family. Made sure we were fed to fullness during the meal, warned us about the jahlfrezi spiciness and served it to perfection when we confirmed our wish for nice spicy food. Asked for a review, which i seldom give....and i am happy to comply. Mmm-mmm

1  Thank Dan J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a surprisingly real Indian meal there. A family owned and serviced place. although in a relatively large place, you feel like you are hosted by the family at their living room. Very accomodating and caring. Enjoyed it a lot. worth the trip away from the center. One problem - no good wines there.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I tried their lamb curry it tasted so good with garlic naan. Next time I go their I will take my family their for dinner love this place & service was just so great ...

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went to this restaurant in our neighbourhood on a saturday evening. There was plenty of tables available despite the high praise for the resturant on Tripadvisor. We were given free starters, and ordered a main + naan bread. Unlike many Indian restaurants the naan was also free, and the main (with rice included) cost only €10. The food was excellent, and the house red wine was also above average. Definitely a good value proposition. Service was fine, not out of the ordinary.

1  Thank DjSoulshot
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have been to countless Indian restaurants in Berlin, but in my opinion this is the best. I usually have bhuna gosht (no 44), which is delicious. The lamb is always beautifully tender and if you want it spicy they will make it spicy for you. Portions are very generously sized, and the beer is served nice and cold. The owners are incredibly friendly and the decor is impeccable (one of the few Indian restaurants I know with tablecloths). It is a bit off the beaten track, but that is an advantage because it means you don't get hordes of tourists descending on it. It is normally full of the local residents, who know they have an excellent place to eat in their part of town.